2020 headliners

jj200

3 minutes ago, Quark said:

Last album was The Getaway right? Unless there's a release I've missed this year.  Not familiar with the track title or lyrics, and can't seem to find them anywhere. Sure you can give me a link or something?

Admittedly Wikipedia is also drawing a blank on Mr Big Boner. But I've definitely heard it.  You'll know it when you hear it due to the slap bass and the middle eight where he rhymes Big Ole Boney with Joseph Kony.

• Upvote 1

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Admittedly Wikipedia is also drawing a blank on Mr Big Boner. But I've definitely heard it.  You'll know it when you hear it due to the slap bass and the middle eight where he rhymes Big Ole Boney with Joseph Kony.

As it's you I will give the Getaway a listen instead of outright dismissing your FactCheckUK nonsense ;)

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It sounds like you had a traumatic fever dream tbh

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

yes, he was headlining Reading & Leeds in 2018 and was apparently their most expensive headliner ever (cost several million).

as for Kendrick, if you're interested to learn more, I'd recommend listening to his Good Kid, Maad City album, and reading this, which describes the story he tells on the album:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/69d93r/the-narrative-guide-to-kendrick-lamars-good-kid-maad-city

Reading it before listening would probably work better to be honest.

Ah okay so it is a possibility, I am not one for rap and hip hop usually but I am open to giving him a listen and having a read, thanks for the information! (See it as a bonus if i get into him and he is announced)

1 minute ago, ModBoy said:

Ah okay so it is a possibility, I am not one for rap and hip hop usually but I am open to giving him a listen and having a read, thanks for the information! (See it as a bonus if i get into him and he is announced)

no problem!

his album after that, To Pimp A Butterfly, is much more jazz/spoken word influenced, so if GKMC is to "straight-forward rap" for you, maybe give TPAB a listen.

1 hour ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Emily said something along the lines of there was only one man we wanted for our 50th anniversary and it was Macca.

Lets stop pretending half a century isn’t a big deal. Let’s stop pretending the Red Hot Chilli Peppers are playing and let’s get real. 

It’s gonna be Taylor Swift and another massive act who isn’t four old white blokes with guitars. I hope it’s Kendrick but nothing really pointing towards that.

Kendrick isn't a bigger booking than RHCP.

Also 4 white men with guitars is a standard Glasto booking lol

49 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

Have you only just woke up after the past 15 years? 

Isn’t she trying to change standard Glastonbury bookings from the past into something better and modern? 

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'd say she's not really changed anything, and that Glastonbury has always booked modern.

What's changed is what modern music is.

and the irony is, that itself never changes. Always evolving for better or worse, is down to the individual

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Quark said:

Last album was The Getaway right? Unless there's a release I've missed this year.  Not familiar with the track title or lyrics, and can't seem to find them anywhere. Sure you can give me a link or something?

The Getaway wasn't even that bad

*ducks*

6 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Isn’t she trying to change standard Glastonbury bookings from the past into something better and modern? 

Not saying Kendrick isn't an exciting booking or that RHCP are (they're absolute dug meat live)

They still are festival headliners everywhere tho.

The Killers and Cure were booked for this year? Hardly modern.

48 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Been told by a pal that an ITK on Pearl Jam's fan club 10club have been tipped off to renew their membership before a ballot end of January... they did O2 Shep Bush before a few years ago through this... Glastonbury?

What’s the thinking? That they might be balloting some tickets to Glastonbury cause they’re playing?

49 minutes ago, didinowanttohearthat said:

1 minute ago, Mouseboy11 said:

What’s the thinking? That they might be balloting some tickets to Glastonbury cause they’re playing?

I honestly have no idea, is this unheard of though? Didn't Metallica get to bring their own fans?

Just now, CJTM said:

I honestly have no idea, is this unheard of though? Didn't Metallica get to bring their own fans?

They did bring some of their own fans - about 50 or so if I remember rightly stood along the back of the stage.

But they were brought in essentially as stage decoration for lack of a better way of putting it and weren't given tickets or wristbands - they were bussed directly onto site and then off again straight after, with no opportunity to explore the festival.