2020 headliners

jj200

45 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Having two good acts and one bad one isn't 'balance'. It's a stool with a wobbly leg.

On paper it’s fantastic and you know it. Huge heritage act with the back catalogue to beat all, superstar of the decade and a stadium rock act that have never played before. Forget the fact that they can be dirge live and their output over the last 20 years hasn’t been great (nay, awful at times) it would be a huge get for the festival. The twitteratti would lap it up after whinging about macca and, inevitably, slating “pop” Taylor. Makes perfect sense and outside of our little world on here would be a world beating set of headliners with the cherry topping of Diana Ross. 

Edited by HeyPorter

16 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

Forget the fact that they can be dirge live and their output over the last 20 years hasn’t been great (nay, awful at times) 

Aye. Minor trifles that everyone can easily ignore.

But what if even their heyday albums that made them famous were also terrible and in fact they have no good music at all ever? What then?

Emily said something along the lines of there was only one man we wanted for our 50th anniversary and it was Macca.

Lets stop pretending half a century isn’t a big deal. Let’s stop pretending the Red Hot Chilli Peppers are playing and let’s get real. 

It’s gonna be Taylor Swift and another massive act who isn’t four old white blokes with guitars. I hope it’s Kendrick but nothing really pointing towards that.

Emily said something along the lines of there was only one man we wanted for our 50th anniversary and it was Macca.

Lets stop pretending half a century isn’t a big deal. Let’s stop pretending the Red Hot Chilli Peppers are playing and let’s get real. 

It’s gonna be Taylor Swift and another massive act who isn’t four old white blokes with guitars. I hope it’s Kendrick but nothing really pointing towards that.

18 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

I think it'll be Swift & whoever else is the biggest booking they can get. White men with guitars or not. If Oasis were available, they'd have got a call. However, I do think announcing Macca 1st is a good ploy, before announcing  "riskier" (in the eyes of the Lonsdale's of the world) bookings.

10 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I think it'll be Swift & whoever else is the biggest booking they can get. White men with guitars or not. If Oasis were available, they'd have got a call. However, I do think announcing Macca 1st is a good ploy, before announcing  "riskier" (in the eyes of the Lonsdale's of the world) bookings.

Don’t you think Emily would like to make a statement? Suppose you make a good point. I hope it’s a hip hop or pop mega star personally. 

39 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Sometimes I think people take things Emily says way too literally. 

This may just be me (and I am tired and grumpy from lack of sleep), but I don't really see how RHCP are any more irrelevant than The Cure???

8 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

This may just be me (and I am tired and grumpy from lack of sleep), but I don't really see how RHCP are any more irrelevant than The Cure???

The Cure have way more credibility than RHCP. Especially in the U.K.

I’m not a particularly big fan of either but I understand the booking of The Cure. Can’t really understand why at this point in the bands career Glastonbury book RHCP. Makes absolutely no sense. A way past it band who nobody gives a shite about anymore and even their own fans think phone in a live show 

15 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Don’t you think Emily would like to make a statement? Suppose you make a good point. I hope it’s a hip hop or pop mega star personally. 

In an ideal world - yes, but have to see who is available. If a mega act is up for it, you book them. Regardless of genre.

If Swift is Sunday, I'll be at the Pyramid Saturday & Sunday night. So from a Personal point of view, I'd rather it be someone like 1975. Someone new for the youth, that I don't like & can spend my time somewhere else.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

11 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

I’m reasonably sure that Robert Smith has never used a sock to cover his genitalia whilst on stage.

7 hours ago, HeyPorter said:

You fuckers have brought chilli peppers down to 16-1 now. I genuinely believe they’re your third headliner. Next to macca and Taylor it looks well balanced but the haters will be infuriated. 

Well stick a bet on then, you'll make a killing at those odds.

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

If you doubt me then by all means go ahead and listen to an RHCP album in the year of our lord twenty hundred and nineteen.

Last album was The Getaway right? Unless there's a release I've missed this year.  Not familiar with the track title or lyrics, and can't seem to find them anywhere. Sure you can give me a link or something?

Just now, Quark said:

Last album was The Getaway right? Unless there's a release I've missed this year.  Not familiar with the track title or lyrics, and can't seem to find them anywhere. Sure you can give me a link or something?

The Getaway wasn't even that bad

*ducks*

• Upvote 1