2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

“I doubt it. I know Emily has bigged up these bigger than usual Other headliners but Glastonbury is already on a tight budget...”

She has no reason to lie mate, she hasn’t got to big the festival up, tickets are well and truly sold out. I’m sure she’s said they are bigger than usual. Foals, Biffy, Noel, Royal Blood etc are all standard Other headliners any other year. I think there’s surprises incoming. It’s the biggest / best festival in the world it’s gonna be massive for the 50th anniversary. They’ve already Paul McCartney and Diana Ross. The rest is gonna be as equally off it’s head. Just you wait. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, lukethekid said:

She has no reason to lie mate, she hasn’t got to big the festival up, tickets are well and truly sold out. I’m sure she’s said they are bigger than usual. Foals, Biffy, Noel, Royal Blood etc are all standard Other headliners any other year. I think there’s surprises incoming. It’s the biggest / best festival in the world it’s gonna be massive for the 50th anniversary. They’ve already Paul McCartney and Diana Ross. The rest is gonna be as equally off it’s head. Just you wait. 

Really hoping you’re right.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, august1 said:

If you could be 'headline size' why would do the second stage? For a smaller fee, less TV coverage/post Glasto boost and less prestige?

I think it points to massaging the ego of friends of festival so Foals/Biffy/Royal Blood/Dua Lipa 

I think it's worth pointing out that Emily said that Florence + the Machine could headline the Pyramid when they were booked to sub Pyramid.

How does Dua Lipa keep creeping into that lot, by the way? Seen it a few times - surely nobody has mentioned her to headline the Pyramid.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think it's worth pointing out that Emily said that Florence + the Machine could headline the Pyramid when they were booked to sub Pyramid.

How does Dua Lipa keep creeping into that lot, by the way? Seen it a few times - surely nobody has mentioned her to headline the Pyramid.

I think the Dua Lipa thing started from the post where someone had apparently spoke to yer man Yannis who said Dua Lipa and The 1975 were headlining the Other stage. So it’s a non-starter really, can’t see her playing anywhere other than the Pyramid anyway.

6 hours ago, henry bear said:

Elton’s aging too, he could hardly walk when I saw him in June. I think a lot of the hoping for Reg on here is largely down to the fact that a lot haven’t seen him live, and obviously not at G. I think he will do it eventually - either as part of this tour if it goes into 2021, or as a standalone gig beyond that. He’s said he’s not giving up performing, just large-scale touring.

The 50th bash should be a party. A lot of Reg’s set is quite subdued - lots of ballads etc. I saw him on a Saturday night, everyone was up for it but not many shapes were being thrown other than when he finally got the likes of Crocodile Rock out. Macca on the Pyramid is going to be party central.

Yeh but he has adapted his tunes superbly to suit his voice. Hoping Macca does the same!

Saw Elton 2017, was unreal! 

41 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Would love to see Elton John announced for The Other Stage against Macca .....The shitstorm on here would be the best ever :)

(Yes, I do know it's not going to happen)

Brilliant!!

1 hour ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

Would love to see Elton John announced for The Other Stage against Macca .....The shitstorm on here would be the best ever :)

(Yes, I do know it's not going to happen)

ill keep him on the hat stage just in case ...:) after all he is pyramid headliner material I would guess :) 

Edited by crazyfool1

8 hours ago, henry bear said:

Macca on the Pyramid is going to be party central.

I hope you're right. I've already seen him but it was a seated gig so couldn't really move much. But if people aren't dancing and singing along all set then I'll be so disappointed. Want him to play Hold Your Hand, Eight Days a Week, and Twist & Shout tbh

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I doubt it. I know Emily has bigged up these bigger than usual Other headliners but Glastonbury is already on a tight budget where they convince three global megastars to play for a much smaller than usual fee. It seems very unlikely they'd be able to get another three to agree to play for the same, if not less, on the second stage. Foals, Biffy, Noel, Royal Blood, Twenty One Pilots, The 1975... smaller than average and/or upcoming acts, some of whom could possibly headline the Pyramid at a push but would probably draw a fair bit of criticism if they did, and most likely British acts who 'get' the festival and would be happy to play regardless. AC/DC it ain't gonna be, and I'd be pretty damn surprised if it was Aerosmith or anybody like that.

This is spot on. I keep saying it but he same hysteria set in around 10 years ago, that the 40th was going to be this and that and unbelievably massive. It turned out to be a fairly typical (good) Glastonbury line up. Next year won’t be much different and anyone who doesn’t keep their hopes in check will be disappointed.

8 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Sorry to burst your bubble man. ACDC will not be playing. 

Yeah understand that, was only giving them as an example of the genre of the third headliner, bit of classic rock would please me!  I’ve seen them so often over the decades, never disappointed in them whether in a stadium or an arena. 

5 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yeah understand that, was only giving them as an example of the genre of the third headliner, bit of classic rock would please me!  I’ve seen them so often over the decades, never disappointed in them whether in a stadium or an arena. 

Best live band in the world. If someone even asked them to play on a second stage, they'd tell them to git fooked. ?

Biffy could happen though...they're Scottish and loud and like to play with their top off too? 

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

This is spot on. I keep saying it but he same hysteria set in around 10 years ago, that the 40th was going to be this and that and unbelievably massive. It turned out to be a fairly typical (good) Glastonbury line up. Next year won’t be much different and anyone who doesn’t keep their hopes in check will be disappointed.

But Gold is much more special than Ruby! Keep the faith! 

3 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Best live band in the world. If someone even asked them to play on a second stage, they'd tell them to git fooked. ?

Biffy could happen though...they're Scottish and loud and like to play with their top off too? 

Eh the expression is taps aff not tops off ?

that ends the comparison with the one and only AC/DC . But wouldn’t be adverse to a bit of biffy! It was a bit surreal them subbing Ed Sheeran, don’t think his fans quite understood the mon ra biff shouts! 

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Eh the expression is taps aff not tops off ?

that ends the comparison with the one and only AC/DC . But wouldn’t be adverse to a bit of biffy! It was a bit surreal them subbing Ed Sheeran, don’t think his fans quite understood the mon ra biff shouts! 

Lol, the funny thing is I wrote that too, but my predictive text is clearly from the Home Counties!! ??

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, august1 said:

If you could be 'headline size' why would do the second stage? For a smaller fee, less TV coverage/post Glasto boost and less prestige?

I think it points to massaging the ego of friends of festival so Foals/Biffy/Royal Blood/Dua Lipa 

It’s not really a second stage though is it, you get sort of an equal amount of TV coverage and how do we know they haven’t got a bigger budget this year? They may have kept aside money from the book sales, money they hadn’t spent on previous festivals so they might be able to splash a bit more cash out on other acts.