2020 headliners

jj200

Paul McCartney (vocals not quite what they were and in possession of arguably the greatest back catalogue of all time) or Elton John (vocals gone all pub singer, does that one about a dead princess).

I jest of course! Elton has some decent stuff, I'm sure I'd have gone along and enjoyed it but he's barely in the car park, never mind same ball park as Macca.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Matt87 said:

I think the upper echelon of long time musicians includes Macca, Elton, Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac and you're either into them or you're not. Out of these possibilities though, Elton and FM haven't played the festival, so the reaction to Macca is maybe muted in that it's not seen as a new feat. 

I don't agree with that, but that's the feeling/sentiment I'm getting form the average person. 

I also don't even know what people expect either. This guy is a Beatle! He's written some of the most memorable songs in history, and he's not going to be around forever. Maybe it's a sign of how the festival is filling up with a younger generation who like Taylor Swift more than The Beatles? 

If Taylor gets announced. The backlash of her being pop will be huge as always. 

I don't think its just down to people liking one more than the other. Im excited for both but would much rather see younger talent that are releasing music that is currently selling or relevant. 

1 minute ago, Nick Aldous said:

Can’t be the only one thinking Noel would be a really dull sub before Macca. Sure there’ll be loads of singalongs but I saw him at Tramlines last year and Christ alive he was boring

Yeah he was boring at Latitude a few years back as well. But it's looking pretty likely he will play and sub to Macca just makes so much sense. I mean, he finished his recent shows with 'All you need is love.' 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PDAD said:

Yeah he was boring at Latitude a few years back as well. But it's looking pretty likely he will play and sub to Macca just makes so much sense. I mean, he finished his recent shows with 'All you need is love.' 

Does that mean getting a half decent spot for the one Beatle is going to involve sitting through the whole of Noel? Ffs. 

I think it will be a great sing-a-long if all of my mates are there but there will undoubtedly be a lot of clash casualties to get there. 

1 minute ago, Sasperella said:

Does that mean getting a half decent spot for the one Beatle is going to involve sitting through the whole of Noel? Ffs. 

I think it will be a great sing-a-long if all of my mates are there but there will undoubtedly be a lot of clash casualties to get there. 

This along with a few of my group not caring to see Paul is my current problem. 

14 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

If Taylor gets announced. The backlash of her being pop will be huge as always. 

I don't think its just down to people liking one more than the other. Im excited for both but would much rather see younger talent that are releasing music that is currently selling or relevant. 

McCartney released an album last year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

If Taylor is as hoped the second headliner then I’d love to see a rock act as the third. AC/DC, Aerosmith type band.  I know that  wouldn’t suit some but that gives us a true great, a current world star and some rock classics. Stick alternative styles, as is normal,  on the other stages and everyone’s happy! Whoever is booked it’s going to be classic. also bear in mind Emily mentioned the other stage would have pyramid sized acts, clashes are inevitable! 

From what I’ve heard of The 1975 they’re pretty pop orientated, therefore would you expect the festival to book both them and Taylor Swift to headline in the same year?

Just had a couple of crazy bets on the headliner:

£10 on Madonna @ 8/1 - I've got a feeling about this.

£10 on Daft Punk @ 20/1 - I don't there's much chance of this happening but if it does it will be a dream come true for me and to top it off I'll have £210 to spend on drinks and sweets for this momentous day!

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

Just had a couple of crazy bets on the headliner:

£10 on Madonna @ 8/1 - I've got a feeling about this.

£10 on Daft Punk @ 20/1 - I don't there's much chance of this happening but if it does it will be a dream come true for me and to top it off I'll have £210 to spend on drinks and sweets for this momentous day!

Nice £20 for the bookies there 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Nice £20 for the bookies there 

That may well be but there’s no point messing about with even money bets for Kendrick based on no more info than Madonna. 

And Daft Punk is just a personal obsession of mine! 

Just now, stuie said:

That may well be but there’s no point messing about with even money bets for Kendrick based on no more info than Madonna. 

And Daft Punk is just a personal obsession of mine! 

I've already lost money on Elton and The Boss. Fully expect to lose my last one on Kendrick. 

7 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

My £5 bet on RHCP seems ill advised now. I fancy them for Other though.

I wouldn't say it's ill advised, especially at those odds. They fit with what Emily said and there's just as much to point to them as Kendrick. Pyramid or bust for them, no chance they're doing Other

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

£5 down as I gained some back on Macca that I put on just after the festival this year! 

That's not too bad!  Should break even overall if Kendrick is announced then!

9 minutes ago, mufcok said:

I wouldn't say it's ill advised, especially at those odds. They fit with what Emily said and there's just as much to point to them as Kendrick. Pyramid or bust for them, no chance they're doing Other

At 22/1 I'm tempted to throw a tenner on now. 

Just now, Matt87 said:

Why is Kendrick so favoured right now? Is it just because Emily went to a concert and followed him on Instagram? 

Yep... and a new album is due I think, but that's about it.