2020 headliners

jj200

3 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

You'd have to be a shape-shifting, flesh eating, lizard monster to not like Bowie. 

My husband! It makes me question my life choices. He has impeccable taste for the most part but there is a Bowie gap. I hope I don't have to use it one day as grounds for divorce. 

42 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Nope. She's still on the piss. Only just found her phone in a bush.

42 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

More gin tasting I expect. 

Sadly I was rehearsing for a play last night, so no alcohol was consumed. I did make some bastard gin on Sunday though (mixed vodka with botanicals), so will update you all on my Macca feelings tonight on the appropriate thread.

On 11/17/2019 at 2:30 PM, billybigballs said:

Realise that as someone who hasn't been on here for very long that the following info will be derided or ignored. I can live with that.

But, just wanted to pass this info on from a friend who is a former manager of a previous sub act (some years ago). He has heard that the headliners this year are:

Lady Gaga, Paul McCartney, Taylor Swift.

That's it. That's what I've heard - my source is 100% reliable but I can't claim the same for his source as I have never met her.

On 10/16/2019 at 8:21 AM, Keithy said:

Looks like we might have finally got Gaga for Fri judging by her latest heavily Glasto related Instagram post...

I mean, they're striking pyramid poses...

20191016_080216.thumb.jpg.fa3a59908fd0333a7b33b09bb4c22ca0.jpg

Even the flight attendant in the back is dropping hints

20191016_080446.jpg.365151873f0af0aef36f00dfc183f742.jpg

Gaga herself is pulling her top to highlight the G in Enigma, obvs as a nod to Glastonbury.

20191016_081040.thumb.jpg.13cd37e60ab15a134ac298653fb41f89.jpg

And the clincher, is they way they are spelling out FRI...

20191016_080944.thumb.jpg.bb93934f03b2ade40c721ef1e9e36a8d.jpg

All pretty conclusive I think you'd agree.

Given Taylor can only do Sunday and Macca is Saturday....

Just saying...

• Upvote 3

On 10/16/2019 at 1:21 AM, Keithy said:

Looks like we might have finally got Gaga for Fri judging by her latest heavily Glasto related Instagram post...

I mean, they're striking pyramid poses...

20191016_080216.thumb.jpg.fa3a59908fd0333a7b33b09bb4c22ca0.jpg

Even the flight attendant in the back is dropping hints

20191016_080446.jpg.365151873f0af0aef36f00dfc183f742.jpg

Gaga herself is pulling her top to highlight the G in Enigma, obvs as a nod to Glastonbury.

20191016_081040.thumb.jpg.13cd37e60ab15a134ac298653fb41f89.jpg

And the clincher, is they way they are spelling out FRI...

20191016_080944.thumb.jpg.bb93934f03b2ade40c721ef1e9e36a8d.jpg

All pretty conclusive I think you'd agree.

Still the best post in this thread by a mile-high.

• Upvote 1

On 10/22/2019 at 12:24 PM, hfuhruhurr said:

Not sure this is ethical, but with a roadie letting a mate of mine know that his band is playing, at 5/4 this looks like a reasonable bet:

Kendrick Lamar 4/6
Taylor Swift 5/6
Aerosmith 11/10
Paul McCartney 5/4
The 1975 5/4
Foals 7/4
Elton John 2/1

(oh, and the roadie is really old, just in case you think it's the other band)!

hopefully some of you made some drinking money

35 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Would Macca, Kendrick, Swift be the best headliner trio they’ve ever had?

Not in my IMHO

Neil Young, Blur, Springsteen - 2009

Was expecting Young to be sniffy and play b-sides and he destroyed it. Blur was the perfect sing along with a cracking set and Bruce was a great addition. 

8 hours ago, H.M.V said:

My husband! It makes me question my life choices. He has impeccable taste for the most part but there is a Bowie gap. I hope I don't have to use it one day as grounds for divorce. 

At least you know there's not a court in the land that wouldn't take your side 

8 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Are you insane?

Quite possibly, although the two aren't necessarily related in this case.

Look, I get that McCartney is a Beatle (although so is Ringo and I don't see anyone clamouring for Octopus's Garden on the Pyramid). But the reaction from friends outside of these boards (we'll ignore Twitter because idiots) seems to have been less than stellar. There's certainly way less of a reaction than I remember for the Stones being announced.

Suggests to me that, in festival terms at least, maybe not the messiah he is on here? Having never played before I think that Elton would have been a bigger "thing" for GF to have secured than Macca?

All entirely subjective of course.

There would have been Elton haters too. You don’t know how an act is going to be received.

The Internet is full of people who missed out on Glastonbury tickets or can’t go. They want the lineup to suck. They will pull mental gymnastics with every potential act announced to make it so. This is evident with the fact that every act announced gets backlash. It’s not a case of not being able to please everyone, it’s about trying to please people that want Glastonbury to be shit.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

There would have been Elton haters too. You don’t know how an act is going to be received.

The Internet is full of people who missed out on Glastonbury tickets or can’t go. They want the lineup to suck. They will pull mental gymnastics with every potential act announced to make it so. This is evident with the fact that every act announced gets backlash. It’s not a case of not being able to please everyone, it’s about trying to please people that want Glastonbury to be shit.

Very true.  I’ve got a mate who is mocking that Macca and Diana Ross are playing.  

Safe to say he’s no longer a mate

Ignoring Twitter dude. I'm talking about the reactions of friends and groups outside of the board. A few people, me included, cited friends whose reactions were mainly "meh".

The only person excited by the news, funny enough, is my mum. With Diana and now Macca, she has threatened to steal my ticket if Michael Buble also shows up.