2020 headliners

jj200

Just now, Garrett_Salas said:

Is there any evidence that this is the case. Without wanting to be cynical - is Paul really dicking round on twitter creating cryptic pictures?

Seems fairly plausible that it was agreed relatively recently and both parties fancied a bit of publicity, and for contractual reasons, glasto couldn't announce the other two headliners.

Oh no I’m not saying that he did that. I reckon he signed recently and his team felt like putting a hint out there. Obviously the press caught on and Glastonbury HQ thought fuck it might as well.

9 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Names beginning Mc tend to originate from Ireland whilst Mac tend to come from my native Scotland so technically McCartney should be nicknamed Micca not Macca! 

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

This is true, my surname starts Mac and is of Scottish descent.

I also am Scottish, my paternal grandma is MacMillan and my maternal grandma MacDonald. 

4 hours ago, Jamesyp42 said:

If Paul was the one "in negotiations", does this mean the other two that were booked when she made the comment can't be announced for contractual reasons? Seems like the other two were always scheduled for a 2020 announcement.

So I presume this means there are reasons why that was the case? i.e. Tour being announced, album, BST etc etc

I think we’re going to need to do a FOI request for all of Macca’s emails going back at least 2 years so we can resolve at least 300 unresolved Efests conundrums such as this. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Oh no I’m not saying that he did that. I reckon he signed recently and his team felt like putting a hint out there. Obviously the press caught on and Glastonbury HQ thought fuck it might as well.

Maybe I'm giving them too much credit, but I can't see his team putting something that obvious out just for a bit of bants. 

As odd as it was, it pretty much hit the nail on the head for getting people talking and then glasto waited a bit to get a second rush.

Just imo ofc

If it’s Macca and Swift + 1, I could probably be convinced that Pearl Jam for the third slot. With a more average lineup they might stick out more but Macca/Swift is huge enough for a smaller third act.

Every chance that it isn’t but then again, if it’s not Kendrick then we’re short on options.

27 minutes ago, stuie said:

Do you think so? Elton played Bestival. There’s no way they would have ever got Macca.

Elton also played Eden sessions, which is only 6k capacity and ~£70 tix and no way they could have got Macca on those numbers 

Edited by caballosblancos

It’s Kendrick Lamar, Paul McCartney, Taylor Swift.

When I saw that trio mooted something just felt right. Randomly it became bookies favourite and slowly but surely 2/3 are looking confirmed. There’s every chance Kendrick could be the odd one out but with the expectation of a new album next year it just feels right. Perfect trio for Glastonbury’s 50th party! I will be at the pyramid 3/3 nights.

4 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Think it’d be pretty bad business practice for this to happen. If there was an agreement to begin with, maybe, but to ask an act to step down, especially one like Foals who would undoubtedly do anything for their shot at the top, would leave a pretty poor taste in everybody’s mouths I’m sure. I mean, we’ve all seen the Kings of Leon vs a Pink Floyd argument that crops up on here. Surely Foals will still be on the bill, either subbing again or headlining Other.

You could always book someone ‘big’ like Foals as Other Headliner though, whilst going for Macca, and if you don’t get him by Christmas you say ‘actually fancy headlining’. You can’t drop someone but can bump someone up

2 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

You could always book someone ‘big’ like Foals as Other Headliner though, whilst going for Macca, and if you don’t get him by Christmas you say ‘actually fancy headlining’. You can’t drop someone but can bump someone up

Foals are more Park or JP level, no?

8 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

Ian brown headlining neighbourhood weekender.

Stone Roses fit the bill do they not? More than likely no chance but good for a bit of speculation.

Assuming Ian Brown could be there if he’s doing solo gigs, where do we think he’d play in 2020? 

JP Headliner.

Possibly a bigger stage if he’s doing Roses stuff.

13 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

Ian brown headlining neighbourhood weekender.

Stone Roses fit the bill do they not? More than likely no chance but good for a bit of speculation.

Assuming Ian Brown could be there if he’s doing solo gigs, where do we think he’d play in 2020? 

They're done.

Guess Brownie could do it. He's doing Benicassim I believe