2020 headliners

jj200

3 minutes ago, StevieGed said:

Where Emily’s quotes that the other 2 haven’t played “there” or “the festival” before.

The use of those two words are worlds apart

It's kinda cute you think this hasn't already been discussed in forensic detail already. 

Just now, StevieGed said:

Too many pages to catch up on I’m afraid. 

I briefly skipped through the whole Chilli Peppers phase earlier this morning, that was enough for a Monday morning.

It's quite enough altogether. She said the festival so that's why it's being discussed with certainty. :D 

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 

I didn't want to get my hopes up because last year I did and then was crushed. So this year I told myself over and over it's not Macca, even though I knew in my heart of hearts that he was the perfect booking for the 50th. 

EVERYTHING IS GOING EXACTLY TO PLAN. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Friendly Banter said:

I know you all across the pond have your feelings. 

But as someone coming from Portland, Oregon for my third Glastonbury, I couldn't be more excited about Macca.   I have only seen him once before at Desert Trip and he was phenomenal. 

Would Americans do that thing where they pronounce him "Mocca" instead of "Macca", like "Ghondi" instead of "Ghandi" or "Bionnca" instead of "Biannca" :D

Safe journey to the farm!

26 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

There are lots of people out there who don’t like Bowie and/or Prince. There isn’t an act around that would gain Universal approval.

You'd have to be a shape-shifting, flesh eating, lizard monster to not like Bowie. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Just now, Quark said:

Maybe not FM with all the personnel changes and Mick being, well, Mick, bit Elton John would definitely be on a par with Macca.

As a live draw, fuck no. You would not see Paul McCartney headlining BBC Radio 2 in Hyde Park or Sixfields Stadium or whatever. You wouldn't see him playing endless arenas on a farewell tour either. He's above all of that.

31 minutes ago, Quark said:

Maybe not FM with all the personnel changes and Mick being, well, Mick, bit Elton John would definitely be on a par with Macca.

Not for me. 

The Beatles are bigger than anything there has ever been and ever will be. 

A complete different level. 

32 minutes ago, Quark said:

Do you think so? Elton played Bestival. There’s no way they would have ever got Macca.

1 hour ago, Stokesy10 said:

Would Americans do that thing where they pronounce him "Mocca" instead of "Macca", like "Ghondi" instead of "Ghandi" or "Bionnca" instead of "Biannca" :D

Safe journey to the farm!

Literally no one in America knows he's called Macca. (Except the people on this board)

But we would say it Mah-kah. You lot say it Moh-kah. 

Edited by MetaKate

4 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Literally no one in America knows he's called Macca. (Except the people on this board)

But we would say it Mah-kah. You lot say it Moh-kah. 

Names beginning Mc tend to originate from Ireland whilst Mac tend to come from my native Scotland so technically McCartney should be nicknamed Micca not Macca! 

8 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

So Paul joins the long list of headliners who randomly self confirm and force glasto into making a press release.

Theres been a few which have done that. Can anyone remember who? I think Adele was one.

Is there any evidence that this is the case. Without wanting to be cynical - is Paul really dicking round on twitter creating cryptic pictures?

Seems fairly plausible that it was agreed relatively recently and both parties fancied a bit of publicity, and for contractual reasons, glasto couldn't announce the other two headliners.