2020 headliners

jj200

4 minutes ago, Matt87 said:

Was it Emily who also revealed that 2 of the headliners had been booked? Presuming that this Macca tweet is the real deal then he must have been one of the booked headliners, and everyone else seems to think Taylor is agreed too? Or is she still in negotiations? 

Macca will be the one who was in negotiations. The two booked headliners are the ones who have never played before.

Yes, it was Emily who said two headliners hadn't played the festival before, and that two headliners were booked. Whether they're the same is unknown, but I get the impression that McCartney essentially self-confirmed today because the deal has just been sealed. Which would mean the he was the one under negotiation, and our other two headliners have never played before.

Taylor still seems a shoo-in, and I'm hoping for Kendrick for the second, but we have to keep in mind that Chris Martin's supergroup haven't headlined either.

2 minutes ago, Matt87 said:

Was it Emily who also revealed that 2 of the headliners had been booked? Presuming that this Macca tweet is the real deal then he must have been one of the booked headliners, and everyone else seems to think Taylor is agreed too? Or is she still in negotiations? 

My taking was that the two that had been booked (at the time of said interview) haven't played the festival before - i.e. Taylor Swift + Kendrick/RHCP/A. N. Other. So McCartney would have been the third act who was still in negotiations, maybe he's tweeted now because something has been signed.

If Macca is headlining,  (No guarantees that he is but it’s likely) I can’t see him anywhere but Sunday night. He’s definitely the type of artist for a chilled singalong at the end of the festival rather than Friday or Saturday when everyone is still in a full on party mood. 

Therefore if he is doing the Sunday then does that rule out Swifty? 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

If Macca is headlining,  (No guarantees that he is but it’s likely) I can’t see him anywhere but Sunday night. He’s definitely the type of artist for a chilled singalong at the end of the festival rather than Friday or Saturday when everyone is still in a full on party mood. 

Apart from he played on the Saturday last time

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

No. Can't rule out either of them playing Saturday, has no impact. 

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

He did Saturday last time out and nobody's response was "Boo! This is shit, if only they'd waited 24 hours for the right slot."

Booking Macca has no effect on the likelihood of Swift.

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

These comments always make me laugh 'he has to because reasons. Despite last time' 

6 minutes ago, mcshed said:

He did Saturday last time out and nobody's response was "Boo! This is shit, if only they'd waited 24 hours for the right slot."

Booking Macca has no effect on the likelihood of Swift.

Exactly any headline slot is the right one for Macca. 

Any of the 3 nights and i'll be there. Absolutely loving every second of it. 

Macca on Sunday would probably rule out Swift. I guess she could always do Norway on the Friday and Glastonbury on the Saturday but I don't see it.

If Macca has been booked after Taylor,  which is currently what seems likely, then Taylor would be booked for the Sunday and Macca would slot in wherever. 

I still think Guns N Roses are a possibility. They're active as they're doing Lollapalooza in March/April, wouldn't be surprised if they then did the European festivals. I know they're usually all about $$$ but could easily see them being booked way in advance and doing it as a one off. They'd certainly be a bigger and more interesting booking than RHCP.

• Downvote 1

I still think Guns N Roses are a possibility. They're active as they're doing Lollapalooza in March/April, wouldn't be surprised if they then did the European festivals. I know they're usually all about $$$ but could easily see them being booked way in advance and doing it as a one off. They'd certainly be a bigger and more interesting booking than RHCP.