2020 headliners

jj200

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Saw them headline Bestival a few years ago and they were fantastic.

I was really looking forward to them mate. Would not say I was disappointed but they were very flat. The crowd were appreciative rather than rawkus.

An early evening set, sat in the sun with a few beers would have been perfect. Not really what I am after as a main stage Saturday night headliner.

Their music is timeless and influence will continue for the forseeable. As a live act though, its just not very exciting. 

Perhaps it's a different experience at a festival, as part of a crowd that doesn't necessarily know much of their music. Whenever I've seen them it's been at their own concerts and has never been 'flat'. That said, I don't know what a casual punter would make of them; despite being electronic music pioneers, you can't throw many shapes to much of the stuff they do live 

9 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Perhaps it's a different experience at a festival, as part of a crowd that doesn't necessarily know much of their music. Whenever I've seen them it's been at their own concerts and has never been 'flat'. That said, I don't know what a casual punter would make of them; despite being electronic music pioneers, you can't throw many shapes to much of the stuff they do live 

Agree. Best suited to an arena environment   Not if it’s pissing down on the pyramid or other stage with an audience not to familiar with them.  Still would go though! 

Going back to the Lady Gaga conversation, does it matter if a new album isn't coming on time considering she had to cut her tour short with her last album release due to her condition, so a one off show with songs from Joanne (Which not many people will of heard live) doesn't seem too far off to me...

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Right, lads, I've got some outside names that nobody's mentioned yet.

The Ordinary Boys

The Fratellis

Now before you scoff at me, remember that a good half of the Glastonbury crowd is over 30, and even your nan knows Chelsea Dagger.

Hard Fi are in with a decent shout. "Living for the Weekend" will be the moment of the festival.

26 minutes ago, priest17 said:

D'you think RHCP will get Nick Cave out for this when they headline the pyramid? I've heard he listens to them on the radio quite a lot 

There's been some utter drivel posted in this thread recently but that video tops it all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

Can't believe people are genuinely suggesting The Automatic, Hadouken! and The Rasmus for headliners in 2020.

The Rasmus' second album cover was my profile picture on msn for over a year. That's not even the one with In The Shadows on it.

EDIT: Just found out it was in fact  their 6th album, some fan I was. How the hell did we cope before the internet?

Edited by priest17

1 hour ago, ModBoy said:

Going back to the Lady Gaga conversation, does it matter if a new album isn't coming on time considering she had to cut her tour short with her last album release due to her condition, so a one off show with songs from Joanne (Which not many people will of heard live) doesn't seem too far off to me...

It would be absolutely phenomenal if she was here. 

5 minutes ago, mufcok said:

We've gotta be approaching record time for no solid info on a headliner? Swift is the one people are most sure of and that's only based on tour dates really. Fair play to them for keeping things quiet I guess..

Certainly points to them being acts from across the Atlantic at this rate. 

19 hours ago, august1 said:

Paul Mccartney on French radio said this about Glastonbury apparently

'"Ça va prendre beaucoup de temps pour m'éloigner de toi. Il n'y a rien qu'une centaine d'hommes ou plus puisse faire. Je bénis les pluies en Afrique. Je vais prendre le temps de faire les choses que nous n'avons jamais eues."

Shame I never tweeted this from Secretglasto. Would have been mystic meg