2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, Mezhyp1 said:

Big big respect for the punter suggesting Franz Ferdinand. I didn't think that was possible 

Yes,  big respect indeed but, Dunno, add in the collaboration they did with sparks a few years back FFS, described on google as a Supergroup!!  2015 JP tent they  were good.    ?.   

Anyone with money to burn willing to put a grand on Franz headlining to Displace Kendrick and Swift as the bookies favs? 

1 hour ago, mattiloy said:

Okay, apologies for getting everybody horny, I was just throwing some names out there. If you reread the post you’ll see I called them outsiders, said they’d need a leg up and said that relative to the foals/RHCP chat they are worth a mention.

I find it interesting to think outside the box sometimes, you should all try it.

Besides it’s not really that outlandish, if theres a dearth or potential headliners, which there is.

At the end of the day, a solid half of Glastonbury goers are 30+. The libertines subbed in 2015, the crowd was serious and they were brilliant. They had a big impact on British pop culture during the 2000s and made their own legend. Pete Doherty is a household name, partly for the wrong reasons but still, even your nan knows him.

They would pull a big crowd again, and they’d put on a show. Of that I’m fairly certain.

So maybe I’m thinking wrong because I’m thinking of the actual gig, how many would be there and the show - the only thing the libertines would maybe not do as much as others mentioned is get that many people to watch on the telly. Is that what the headliner slots are for?

I'd offer you a spade but I don't think you need it?

2 hours ago, mattiloy said:

Okay, apologies for getting everybody horny, I was just throwing some names out there. If you reread the post you’ll see I called them outsiders, said they’d need a leg up and said that relative to the foals/RHCP chat they are worth a mention.

I find it interesting to think outside the box sometimes, you should all try it.

Besides it’s not really that outlandish, if theres a dearth or potential headliners, which there is.

At the end of the day, a solid half of Glastonbury goers are 30+. The libertines subbed in 2015, the crowd was serious and they were brilliant. They had a big impact on British pop culture during the 2000s and made their own legend. Pete Doherty is a household name, partly for the wrong reasons but still, even your nan knows him.

They would pull a big crowd again, and they’d put on a show. Of that I’m fairly certain.

So maybe I’m thinking wrong because I’m thinking of the actual gig, how many would be there and the show - the only thing the libertines would maybe not do as much as others mentioned is get that many people to watch on the telly. Is that what the headliner slots are for?

les dennisweb.jpg

• Upvote 1

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

Except they aren't and you're wrong

I have been a Kraftwerk fan along time. Got to see them at Bluedot this year, for the first time. They were exceptionally dull and would die on their arses if they headlined the Pyramid.

Yes their legacy and influence is unmatched but as a live act, they were boring. Hot Chip and New Order were far, far, far better than Kraftwerk were.

3 minutes ago, eastynh said:

I have been a Kraftwerk fan along time. Got to see them at Bluedot this year, for the first time. They were exceptionally dull and would die on their arses if they headlined the Pyramid.

Yes their legacy and influence is unmatched but as a live act, they were boring. Hot Chip and New Order were far, far, far better than Kraftwerk were.

They are niche. Never in a million years they would appear on the Pyramid but could fit in somewhere else. 

3 minutes ago, Slugworth said:

Just had to google Chicory Tip.

Hahaha. They seem to be a typical 70s pop band with a Moog.

A Moog? Unbelievable scenes, Jeff

Sorry, just showing my age there with the chicory tip reference! It was the first time one appeared on top of the pops. Keith Emerson was the moog master at that time! 

12 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Saw them headline Bestival a few years ago and they were fantastic.

I saw them a couple of years back and and it was exactly as you'd expect - and want - from a Kraftwerk gig.

Did they look and sound like Kraftwerk? Yes.

We're they doing scissor kicks and banging on about ladders? No.