2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

No theres not. But with the above poster saying he has an 80% chance to play. Off an Instagram post of Emily at his gig and her saying that 2 artist's have never played is silly. No album news. No tour. No festivals. 

I am silly and speculative which is why I’m here ?

kendrick also bookies fave now, which just means some people have bet on him but maybe they know......maybe they don’t 

I’m going 81% now for no reason other than I’m eating a roast chicken later (not blue, yellow or hung)

6 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Haven't got the time te read 100+ new posts, but are we still thinking Kendrick Lamar - Paul McCartney - Taylor Swift as the three main headliners?

Who knows. Nothing to really link Kendrick with it other than he fits the clue, Neil thinks Macca isn't doing it but there's enough to keep him in the conversation. Swift seems the safest bet but could be announced for BST as an exclusive in the coming weeks. I think RHCP are well in contention as well with their dates and fitting Emily's clue.

It's totally up in the air and we don't really have any idea. 

5 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Is it still the case nothing is expected before Christmas?

Announcement-wise, yes. Info-wise, god I hope not.

Macca tour must be getting officially announced in the next few days, however. An early-June date in Barcelona has leaked out on top of the France shows.

I'm pessimistically anticipating no UK shows and they stop ten days before Glastonbury so that we're none the wiser. :D

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Announcement-wise, yes. Info-wise, god I hope not.

Macca tour must be getting officially announced in the next few days, however. An early-June date in Barcelona has leaked out on top of the France shows.

I'm pessimistically anticipating no UK shows and they stop ten days before Glastonbury so that we're none the wiser. :D

I presume there'll be plenty of rumour and guesswork in the interim as to who's potentially touring around the time of Glastonbury that's big enough to be booked for the Pyramid bill-topper spot.

Its usually around March-time when I think the announcement is made anyway. I just get the feeling there's going to be impatience until then as people are eager to know and it'll stop all the rambling off-topic arguments. Or at least give less of a cause for them to be so dominating.

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Yes is the short answer ... but it could take several pages of off topic discussion to finally come to a definitive answer :) 

Would you expect it to go any other way?

2 minutes ago, charlierc said:

I presume there'll be plenty of rumour and guesswork in the interim as to who's potentially touring around the time of Glastonbury that's big enough to be booked for the Pyramid bill-topper spot.

Its usually around March-time when I think the announcement is made anyway. I just get the feeling there's going to be impatience until then as people are eager to know and it'll stop all the rambling off-topic arguments. Or at least give less of a cause for them to be so dominating.

Would you expect it to go any other way?

Not whilst we are scratching around in the Glastonbury mud for anything that might come close to being news 

Edited by crazyfool1

25 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Well apparently it takes Macca an entire week to recover from a flight so 10 days before Glastonbury gives him enough time to rest.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jparx said:

Who knows. Nothing to really link Kendrick with it other than he fits the clue, Neil thinks Macca isn't doing it but there's enough to keep him in the conversation. Swift seems the safest bet but could be announced for BST as an exclusive in the coming weeks. I think RHCP are well in contention as well with their dates and fitting Emily's clue.

It's totally up in the air and we don't really have any idea. 

I’m not really worried. Glastonbury are getting better at keeping things a bit underwraps as I think they’ve been stung a few times now by rumours leaking to the press.

In recent years there wasn’t anything solid on Stormzy, The Killers, Kanye West etc before they were announced. The only info being ‘they have new material and a tour on the way and they fit with the clues’. We get less info on American acts so the silence surrounding two of the headliners leans me towards Kendrick but nothing more than that. Kendrick fits the clues just as much as RHCP do though.

I’m sensing a Strokes situation with RHCP though. Somewhere else will snap them up.

Looks like Arctic Monkeys are back recording in Paris, where the last album was recorded. Going off Alex's girlfriends Instagram, although she is a musician herself..

Shoe in for 2021 I imagine if they aren't doing next year

Edited by mufcok

1 minute ago, mufcok said:

Looks like Arctic Monkeys are back recording in Paris, where the last album was recorded. Going off Alex's girlfriends Instagram, although she is a musician herself..

Shoe in for 2021 I imagine if they aren't doing next year

Yeah someone on reddit said they were recording their new album in France and they wanted to come back to Glastonbury.

Realise that as someone who hasn't been on here for very long that the following info will be derided or ignored. I can live with that.

But, just wanted to pass this info on from a friend who is a former manager of a previous sub act (some years ago). He has heard that the headliners this year are:

Lady Gaga, Paul McCartney, Taylor Swift.

That's it. That's what I've heard - my source is 100% reliable but I can't claim the same for his source as I have never met her.

3 minutes ago, billybigballs said:

Realise that as someone who hasn't been on here for very long that the following info will be derided or ignored. I can live with that.

But, just wanted to pass this info on from a friend who is a former manager of a previous sub act (some years ago). He has heard that the headliners this year are:

Lady Gaga, Paul McCartney, Taylor Swift.

That's it. That's what I've heard - my source is 100% reliable but I can't claim the same for his source as I have never met her.

Doesn't match up with Emily's ''two that have never played before''

Edited by mufcok

Lady Gaga is a bit out of the blue. Those types of rumours tend to just be the echo chamber, but I haven't seen anyone mention Gaga for next year. 

Doesn't fit with the clues though, so unless Emily was either lying or forgot Gaga had played before, seems inaccurate to me.

Appreciate any and all info atm though!