2020 headliners

jj200

2 minutes ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

All pretty depressing, McCartney aside. I guess that's the reality though, the more Emily gets her claws into the thing, the more the line up will morph into capital FM party in the park crossed with v festival, 

Who would you book?

4 minutes ago, Field Commander Jefferson said:

All pretty depressing, McCartney aside. I guess that's the reality though, the more Emily gets her claws into the thing, the more the line up will morph into capital FM party in the park crossed with v festival, 

of course its going to change ... anything that doesnt change goes backwards ... we've seen that with other festivals closing and the high street getting decimated ... the music industry is changing to along with the availability of super band headliners ... if it wasn't for Emily the superb area of the park wouldn't exist ... I presume you dont go up there then because its so bad ? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Suprefan said:

Is it such a bad thing if an artist is totally quiet? Not really, if kendrick is on it, he is on it. You can give then credit for keeping mum and zero indication of even coming to the uk at all.

No theres not. But with the above poster saying he has an 80% chance to play. Off an Instagram post of Emily at his gig and her saying that 2 artist's have never played is silly. No album news. No tour. No festivals. 

27 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Not that Emzie isn’t running the whole show but Nick was the lead booker when Stones and Springsteen were signing up and is still the lead booker now. Seeing Emily in charge and thinking the shift to pop is down to her is lowkey sexist.

it’s not really tho is it, you’ve just plucked that out of nowhere. The guy has made a statement saying he doesn’t agree with the acts and believes it’s down to Emily and her booking methodology. How on earth is that sexist? 

5 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

it’s not really tho is it, you’ve just plucked that out of nowhere. The guy has made a statement saying he doesn’t agree with the acts and believes it’s down to Emily and her booking methodology. How on earth is that sexist? 

But why does he believe it's down to Emily and her 'booking methodology'? What is it about Emily that would make one assume that she's crazy for pop music and wants to flood the festival with it?

38 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Not that Emzie isn’t running the whole show but Nick was the lead booker when Stones and Springsteen were signing up and is still the lead booker now. Seeing Emily in charge and thinking the shift to pop is down to her is lowkey sexist.

So any criticism of a woman is sexist? Calling bullshit on that.

you have no idea of the motives behind his blaiming Emily, you jumping in and saying it’s sexist is idiotic at best. How very worthy and 2019.???.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

But why does he believe it's down to Emily and her 'booking methodology'? What is it about Emily that would make one assume that she's crazy for pop music and wants to flood the festival with it?

I think you have made it about the fact she’s a female. The original post didn’t suggest in anyway that was why the type of bookings had changed. Literally just said “Emily”.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Oh now you want to know why, how about asking that question before accusing someone of being sexist. 

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Wasn't she behind the the bookings of Jaz-Z, Beyonce and Adele (off the top of my head)?

4 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Oh now you want to know why, how about asking that question before accusing someone of being sexist. 

Because I knew the answer already.

I'm not intentionally trying to shame anyone as a sexist or cancel eFests users - sometimes these things are subconscious and I am aware that I make similar mistakes regularly - just calling out what I see as a problematic way of thinking about this for people to consider in future. Only way we learn.

Emily grew up on 80's bands like The Cure so I'm unsure how the line about Emily getting her claws into it and turning it into V Festival whatever is anything but, tbh.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, Homer said:

Wasn't she behind the the bookings of Jaz-Z, Beyonce and Adele (off the top of my head)?

Err, was she? I know she talks about 'we' as in they are a team with this stuff and she does have influence, of course, but I don't think she's ever like "oh Nick was about to book U2 again but I told him to get Adele instead". What I'm saying about it is that the bookers from the 'glory days' are the same ones now but they're embracing what's big in the world and going through the same change as all festivals are.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That whole article for 'Are you playing Glastonbury?' - 'No I don't think so'. :lol:

That’s pretty much Radio X in a nutshell. That will be circulated around social media now for the months leading up to Glastonbury. I think you are right though, Emily isn’t the only one making headliner decisions and it is kinda sexist to presume the woman chooses pop artists. It’s the best available and what will go down best and if Taylor and Kendrick are available who are some of the biggest contemporary artists she will choose them along with one of the biggest legends of the Beatles.

16 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Err, was she? I know she talks about 'we' as in they are a team with this stuff and she does have influence, of course, but I don't think she's ever like "oh Nick was about to book U2 again but I told him to get Adele instead". What I'm saying about it is that the bookers from the 'glory days' are the same ones now but they're embracing what's big in the world and going through the same change as all festivals are.

She literally asked Adele to do it while they were watching Kanye together, and Adele agreed,

Just now, Homer said:

She literally asked Adele to do it while they were watching Kanye together, and Adele agreed,

Fair, I can't pin that one on Nick but they had been after Adele for years though. It had been in the pipeline or longer than T-365 days. Booking the biggest star in music doesn't seem at all like a diversion.