2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

It is:

?? - dont see Kendrick until some info about 2020 so I think it has to be a band, Macca and Swift

I’d offer up RHCP as a sacrifice right now if it guaranteed the other two. Give the Glasto Chat geeks a bone and we can have back to back legendary headliners.

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

Anyway, those French Macca dates haven’t been officially confirmed yet, but according to a poster on Maccaboard, the Lille date on 23rd May was announced on a French national radio station today. I’d say it’s looking more promising for 2020 than for 2019. This time last year we were aware he was touring the US before and after Glasto, but praying for the hole not to be filled in with further US dates. 

if it was announced on a national radio station, then it would surely be all over the internet, on some reputably sites by now?

3 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

How everyone else has let this go is beyond me but.... I’m sorry? A PIPE of Pringles?! Don’t know if I’m confused or impressed.

It’s the way the legend that is Alan Partridge describes them, who am I to disagree with the great man! 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

Just now, jparx said:

I’d offer up RHCP as a sacrifice right now if it guaranteed the other two. Give the Glasto Chat geeks a bone and we can have back to back legendary headliners.

Day of no pyramid headliner Friday then the rest we can be at two of the most legendary artists. Think Macca is nailed as the one in discussion: Michael said 'hopefully for 50th', Macca said 'my children want me to play, ill have to put things in place' all suggesting being talked about and now gigs in France a month prior. It is happening.

Swizzle is being confirmed as act of the decade one of if not the biggest female act available. What a pair of headliners. IF Kendrick does play, it has to be discussed as the greatest trio.

19 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

And I thought that everyone on here was fluent in partridge speak! 

“Let me tell you something about the Titanic: people forget that on the Titanic’s maiden voyage there were over 1000 miles of uneventful, very pleasurable cruising before it hit the iceberg" 

6 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

If you remove all the Partridge and Simpsons memes from an efests thread, does it still exist?

I was thinking that, god forbid we would have to resort to just discussing music.  I would immediately commence Father Ted memes .  

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

Taylor’s nailed. Macca has to be the one in discussion. The sayings of himself and Michael suggest he was the one they were talking to and the supposed French dates make Glasto look very likely but the third headliner:

Looking at the options are: Madge, Kendrick, RHCP, Aerosmith, The Strokes, RATM,  Pearl Jam, Guns n Roses and Post Malone.

Out of them to be booked two years ago could only be Madge who is touring and Kendrick, the others seem very unlikely to be needed to be booked two years ago except maybe Guns and even then, doesn’t seem or scream 50th anniversary. Feels funny Madge touring and after Glasto wanted her I reckon she has been offered and potentially accepted it. Finally touring and we have nothing to suggest Kendrick and the others as I said don’t really need to be booked two years in advance and what a statement. Two female headliners - ‘something to be proud of’ as Emily said. 

Im starting to think Madonna, Paul McCartney and Taylor Swift. At least until some Kendrick info pops out. 

EDIT: Apparently not Rage as @SomeoneListeningIn correctly pointed out.

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Rage have played Glasto before.

makes the pool even shorter. Madonna, Macca and Swift wouldn't be my taste at all but I cant think of anyone who we know is touring bar Kendrick who needed to be booked two years ago and would be 'something to be proud of'. That trio couldnt get any bigger. Female legend, Male Beatles legend and someone who is collecting artist of the decade award.

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

makes the pool even shorter. Madonna, Macca and Swift wouldn't be my taste at all but I cant think of anyone who we know is touring bar Kendrick who needed to be booked two years ago and would be 'something to be proud of'. That trio couldnt get any bigger. Female legend, Male Beatles legend and someone who is collecting artist of the decade award.

I don’t think the booked two years in advance info should be taken as gospel, but I agree it’s quite a small pool of acts that have never played before. I’d also add AC/DC to your list, and it could be someone we’re not even considering like a Pink Floyd reunion or something, but even then I can’t think of many reunions that’d headline the festival and have never played before.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Emily said last month that Madonna wasn’t booked.

Even shorter pool: AC/DC, Kendrick, RHCP, Aerosmith, The Strokes, Pearl Jam, Guns n Roses and Post Malone. The third one is a complete mystery at this point.

Post won't headline, Guns seems unlikely and not someone the festival would book, PJ are apparently not from there forum, Strokes doesn't seem big enough after the debate and worthy of a 50th slot, likewise Aero, RHCP. AC/DC dont seem around - who knows?

Edited by RarerThanDandyB