2020 headliners

jj200

Just now, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Love to see the "well actually, he may have fucked kids but he does not fit the agreed scientific category of a peadophile" conversation, as if that's the issue at hand.

Well, it is kind of important to differentiate. Neither is defensible and I'm not having the "it was a different time" nonsense, but they are two different things.  Nuance has gone out of the window in today's world; black and white soundbite culture where any kind of discussion becomes impossible because people are just screaming whatever they think the truth is at each other.

I must be the only person who gets grumpier on a Friday afternoon

• Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Love to see the "well actually, he may have fucked kids but he does not fit the agreed scientific category of a peadophile" conversation, as if that's the issue at hand.

yeah come on guys, the real issue at hand is that they're   r e a l l y   bad live.

More contemporary rock stars like Anthony Kiedis of Red Hot Chili Peppers also bragged about committing statutory rape with no repercussions. In his 2005 autobiography, Scar Tissue, Kiedis recounts his sexual relationship with a 14-year-old Catholic school girl. Kiedis was 23 years old at the time; and after learning of her age, he proceeded to have sex with her again. He writes:

“The next day we drove to Baton Rouge, and of course, she came with us. After we got offstage, she came up to me and said, ‘I have something to tell you. My father’s the chief of police and the entire state of Louisiana is looking for me because I’ve gone missing. Oh, and besides that, I’m only fourteen.’ I wasn’t incredibly scared, because in my somewhat deluded mind, I knew that if she told the chief of police she was in love with me, he wasn’t going to have me taken out to a field and shot, but I did want to get her the hell back home right away. So we had sex one more time.”

Their relationship inspired Red Hot Chili Peppers’ 1985 song “Catholic School Girls Rule”, which has been played live by the band as recently as 2007. Following his public admission in Scar Tissue, Kiedis and his band continued to enjoy rockstar status. They’ve won Grammys, headlined festivals, and even made a cameo at the Super Bowl. In 2012, Red Hot Chili Peppers were enshrined in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

from Consequence of Sound, a few other well loved “artists” names in there too.

Edited by Bisque

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Yep. I know the story. Apart from regurgitating that, what else have you got? Bearing in mind I'm not (a) denying or (b) excusing or deflecting from it?

I’ve not read the book, just came across articles during some light reading yesterday. I didn’t know. He does like his girlfriends young & as a teacher a bit creepy for me. Thank you for the clarification of being a paedophile.

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

He is a paedophile, a nonce, a perv, a slot badger, a two pin DIN plug, a bush dodger, a small bean regarder,  a unabummer, a nut administrator, a bent ref, the crazy world of Arthur Brown, a fence foal, a free willy, a chimney bottler, a bunty man, a shrub rocketeer.

How many of those did you just make up as you were typing Fuzz? :lol:

5 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

He is a paedophile, a nonce, a perv, a slot badger, a two pin DIN plug, a bush dodger, a small bean regarder,  a unabummer, a nut administrator, a bent ref, the crazy world of Arthur Brown, a fence foal, a free willy, a chimney bottler, a bunty man, a shrub rocketeer.

Is this a question on QI?

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

That lot is from Brass eye... I wondered if anyone would get the reference.

As for headliners - as long as Swift is still in the running, I am happy.

1 minute ago, fatyeti24 said:

It's paedogeddon, mate.

Christ I'm ashamed I'd forgotten that bit. Going to think about what I've done.

10 minutes ago, Quark said:

Christ. The Kiedis argument might be preferable.

D'you remember a few weeks ago where, for no real reason, we all convinced ourselves that Macca, Kendrick and Swift were the three headliners and there was harmony across the boards?

Makes me cringe.

10 minutes ago, Jeremy Irons said:

Speaking of which, didn't their documentary come out today? Anyone seen it?

Nah they e-mailed me about it which I thought was coming across a bit strong. I'll probably check it out at some point, maybe Sunday with a brew and a hangover. For all my pro-Foals headline rhetoric on here I'm not really that big a fan.