2020 headliners

jj200

58 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

They were current at the time. Even if they are also shite. They wouldn’t be booked to headline again let alone almost 20 years on from today. 

I wouldn't be so sure of that, they still sell out arenas and headline festivals. All it would take would be another massive record and once more we could hear the sounds of banjos twanging on the Pyramid.

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

least they've got that one that the lager louts can jump about to

We were at a fireworks display last week, standing around waiting for the show to start. 

A song came on and my 3-year-old ran over to me, grabbed my hand and said “Daddy dance with me”.

A truly memorable father and son moment, until I realised the song being played was Chelsea Dagger. 

Now I can’t stop thinking that he has shit taste in music and will probably grow up to be a Carling drinker. 

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

We were at a fireworks display last week, standing around waiting for the show to start. 

A song came on and my 3-year-old ran over to me, grabbed my hand and said “Daddy dance with me”.

A truly memorable father and son moment, until I realised the song being played was Chelsea Dagger. 

Now I can’t stop thinking that he has shit taste in music and will probably grow up to be a Carling drinker. 

I'd blame the parents

10 minutes ago, Boilingtent said:

Just came to say im in awe of how little support RHCP are getting. Truly massive band, worthy of headlining and were one of the best gigs I saw back in 2005ish.

That being said...could be total shite these days especially if no John

They can blow very hot and cold live.  I've seen both extremes

24 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

least they've got that one that the lager louts can jump about to

rhcp offer absolutely nothing but untold misery

Give It Away

Under The Bridge

Californication

By The Way

Can't Stop

Scar Tissue

Right On Time

Otherside

Around The World

Suck My Kiss

Dani California

Parallel Universe

Don't Forget Me

Universally Speaking

Dark Necessities

Road Trippin'

Aeroplane

Dosed

Venice Queen

I mean, there's some of them I wouldn't be crazy about, but there's several there that are a million times better than DUR DUR DUR DUR DUR DUR

and enough to put together a good set.

3 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Give It Away

Under The Bridge

Californication

By The Way

Can't Stop

Scar Tissue

Right On Time

Otherside

Around The World

Suck My Kiss

Dani California

Parallel Universe

Don't Forget Me

Universally Speaking

Dark Necessities

Road Trippin'

Aeroplane

Dosed

Venice Queen

I mean, there's some of them I wouldn't be crazy about, but there's several there that are a million times better than DUR DUR DUR DUR DUR DUR

and enough to put together a good set.

they've got that one up going up the stairs as well 

55 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I said that about the Killers round 2. I wasn't there, but they were apparently good.

The Killers were a perfect band for the Glastonbury clientele. Big arena rock songs that people who aren't music obsessives all know. I said that at the time but people were thinking I was just twisting the knife.

Red Hot Chili Peppers occupy the exact same space, although a bit older and stankier. I will scream the house down if it's announced but it beggars belief that people think it would be a poor booking for RHCP to headline for the first time. If you look around here, they seem unwelcome, but there would undoubtedly be a whopping crowd.

Sorry to write all this while quoting you as I know you haven't argued against the above, but I'm finding The Killers' reception seems incredibly relevant to all this.

Edited by dentalplan