2020 headliners

jj200

If there is one thing that I’m confident on, it’s that Emily has her finger well and truly on the pulse.

RHCP whilst an all time great band, have been average for a number of years. Seconding what someone mentioned previously, they were rather ordinary in Singapore at the F1 recently. I’d be very surprised to see them be booked to headline the Pyramid.

54 minutes ago, Gregfc15 said:

If there is one thing that I’m confident on, it’s that Emily has her finger well and truly on the pulse.

RHCP whilst an all time great band, have been average for a number of years. Seconding what someone mentioned previously, they were rather ordinary in Singapore at the F1 recently. I’d be very surprised to see them be booked to headline the Pyramid.

Headline other? Sub? or just not playing?

17 hours ago, kalifire said:

She'd get short shrift with that kind of attitude down at the Farm, if there was even anyone left at that point.

'You know what else won't be late? The 11:15pm train I have to catch in 45 minutes, so thanks for that.'

Reminds me of going to see guns n Rose's in Newcastle when the band didn't come on stage till 10.15. To get home on time I had to leave the venue at 11.05 at the latest but decided to still get a taxi 

He then walked off stage without finishing the show and regret the £25 it cost me to get home 

Chillis as a headliner for the Other is a strong booking. As a Pyramid headliner? Not for me.

I dont know how popular they are with the kids, but their stock isnt really rising with my circle of friends going to Glastonbuty (who naturally  speak for all 34-38 year olds)

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

9 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I dont know how popular they are with the kids, but their stock isnt really rising with my circle of friends going to Glastonbuty (who naturally  speak for all 34-38 year olds)

I was surprised how well they went down at Benicassim a couple of years ago, as that was a really young crowd for the most part. People I would guess in early 20s going nuts for tracks from By The Way and Californication, so would have been nippers when they came out.

I can only speak for myself but By The Way, Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Californiacation, Stadium Arcadium were some of the earliest albums I remember listening to.

I just have zero interest in anything they’ve released after 2006. Don’t know if that’s a shared experience?

4 minutes ago, Quark said:

I was surprised how well they went down at Benicassim a couple of years ago, as that was a really young crowd for the most part. People I would guess in early 20s going nuts for tracks from By The Way and Californication, so would have been nippers when they came out.

Their set in September was ridiculously focussed on the By The Way/Stadium Arcadium guff.  They didn't even play Under The Bridge.

1 hour ago, morph100 said:

Headline other? Sub? or just not playing?

For me, they'd certainly fit the  “pyramid level headliner on the Other’ with the added bonus that you wouldn’t be wasting the prime slot on a band that is past their best.

By the way, Can't stop etc still bang, but the setlist was definitely filled with too much stuff that you'd have hoped they realise didn't hit the mark.

4 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Their set in September was ridiculously focussed on the By The Way/Stadium Arcadium guff.  They didn't even play Under The Bridge.

Interesting. Beni was the only time I've seen them play anything from Mother's Milk, so they are at least mixing it up a bit!

Stadium Arcadium can get in the bin. By The Way is a solid album for me.

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

Interesting. Beni was the only time I've seen them play anything from Mother's Milk, so they are at least mixing it up a bit!

Stadium Arcadium can get in the bin. By The Way is a solid album for me.

Yeah, I'm no RHCP fan by any means but I'd be pretty gutted if I went to see them and they didn't do Universally Speaking or Can't Stop 

If RHCP play then I think it will definitely be on the Pyramid. As much as we’re apparently getting bigger than usual Other stage headliners I don’t see a band who’ve been headlining festivals and playing stadiums for about two decades taking that slot.

I agree with others that BST or IOW are more likely for them but their gig in Italy right in the middle of IOW weekend is a bit worrying.

1 minute ago, Quark said:

Also, and I accept I may be alone on this one...

Give It Away can fuck right off.

Ooooouch

5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

If RHCP play then I think it will definitely be on the Pyramid. As much as we’re apparently getting bigger than usual Other stage headliners I don’t see a band who’ve been headlining festivals and playing stadiums for about two decades taking that slot.

I agree with others that BST or IOW are more likely for them but their gig in Italy right in the middle of IOW weekend is a bit worrying.

Yeah this talk of them playing below headline is very silly. I don’t think they’ve played below headline anywhere for 20 years!