2020 headliners

jj200

Is Emily the unofficial enemy of the Neil lonsdales?

“Even on the High Street, up the road in the nearest town, you get people saying, ‘You can’t beat a guitar band’, or ‘I don’t agree with this hip-hop stuff’ and it amazes me. The world is genreless, but you still get those ancient opinions.”

41 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

“Even on the High Street, up the road in the nearest town, you get people saying, ‘You can’t beat a guitar band’, or ‘I don’t agree with this hip-hop stuff’ and it amazes me. The world is genreless, but you still get those ancient opinions.”

Despite these comments I would still be gobsmacked if there wasn’t a guitar act as one of the three.

Does look like she’s laying the groundwork for KDot and Swizz though, which is good.

46 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m gonna have to read the whole article because that out of context statement from EE comes across as utter claptrap.

edit. Context really is everything although I do think she is slightly dismissive of people who like guitar bands and don’t like hip hop. 

Edited by Smeble

7 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I feel confident that Biffy will never headline. They didn’t headline in their peak (they actually subbed) and I don’t think the festival considers them headliners.

They came close but I don’t think it will ever happen. I’d be shocked if they did.

They are happy to sub or take lower spots so I doubt it will move beyond that.

6 hours ago, C14S said:

Won’t headline, could maybe fit into the other stage headliners that are bigger then usual category?

An other stage headline against Taylor Swift (seeing as RATM looks like its not happening) would be pretty workable imo.

I mean, I highly rate the Biff as a live act, and it looked like they did well up before Ed Sheeran 2 years back, but I'm not sure they're Pyramid headline big.

25 minutes ago, charlierc said:

An other stage headline against Taylor Swift (seeing as RATM looks like its not happening) would be pretty workable imo.

I mean, I highly rate the Biff as a live act, and it looked like they did well up before Ed Sheeran 2 years back, but I'm not sure they're Pyramid headline big.

They are a good live band but the statute of limitations has run out. They weren’t booked to headline in their peak so I don’t expect it will happen now. As I said earlier I think they are totally fine coming back for sub or other stage headline slots - so I expect some year they will do that.

https://www.vanityfair.com/style/2019/11/madonna-tour-lawsuit

Just read the above article on Madonna. "In a video she posted on Twitter this past weekend from the Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, after she arrived two hours past the concert start time Thursday night, she sat on a piano and said, “Here’s something that you all need to understand. And that is, that a queen is never late.”

I mean, suing is a bit much, but holy sh*t that is rude to your fans!

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

They are a good live band but the statute of limitations has run out. They weren’t booked to headline in their peak so I don’t expect it will happen now. As I said earlier I think they are totally fine coming back for sub or other stage headline slots - so I expect some year they will do that.

The Coachella subreddit seem to have started using your posts for information.

2 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

The Coachella subreddit seem to have started using your posts for information.

And I got my info that rage approached Coachella late from......... the Coachella subreddits.

(and somewhere else so that doesn’t matter).

Am confident though that Rage reuniting was decided very recently. There’s too much separate info about that.

Edited by Matt42

5 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Great wind-up Neil, I didn't start stalking around these parts until 2012, I always thought it was from the U K HUN? x crowd complaining about mud and walking distances on Glasto Chat, lol

Same I thought it was a long perpetuated joke caused by some wet years.