2020 headliners

jj200

3 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

What are the chances of Biffy clyro? I keep on seeing glasto quotes with there names attached.

This the latest one 

https://www.nme.com/news/music/biffy-clyro-call-fleetwood-mac-cheeky-bastards-for-rejecting-glastonbury-slot-over-fee-2567152

Reckon the chances are pretty low - similar to The 1975 they would absolutely love to do it and they keep dropping hints.  You certainly wouldn't have to ask them twice.

Personally I would love to see Biffy headline the Pyramid - I reckon they would smash it, but sadly its not likely to happen - at least not this year anyway.

• Upvote 1

I feel confident that Biffy will never headline. They didn’t headline in their peak (they actually subbed) and I don’t think the festival considers them headliners.

They came close but I don’t think it will ever happen. I’d be shocked if they did.

They are happy to sub or take lower spots so I doubt it will move beyond that.

2 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

Was the quote 

'That would be telling wouldn't it'

Wasn't sure how to take it 

2 of the headliners haven't played before - Biffy have.  The other headliner has been in negotiations - def not them - they would do it in a heartbeat.

Possibly headlining the Other Stage?

17 minutes ago, Earth_pig said:

What are the chances of Biffy clyro? I keep on seeing glasto quotes with there names attached.

This the latest one 

https://www.nme.com/news/music/biffy-clyro-call-fleetwood-mac-cheeky-bastards-for-rejecting-glastonbury-slot-over-fee-2567152

Won’t headline, could maybe fit into the other stage headliners that are bigger then usual category?

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I feel confident that Biffy will never headline. They didn’t headline in their peak (they actually subbed) and I don’t think the festival considers them headliners.

They came close but I don’t think it will ever happen. I’d be shocked if they did.

They are happy to sub or take lower spots so I doubt it will move beyond that.

Headline the other stage I reckon 

On 11/7/2019 at 3:57 PM, Porridge said:

Why do you think no chance? 

Following these threads, I always wonder why they aren't mentioned more. I for one would be buzzing to see them again

I was / am a massive fan but they are well past it at this stage. I still listen to albums up until the last 2 and the second last one isn't that bad but I've ssen them 3 times and 2 of those gigs were awful, one of the awful ones was with the new guitarist and it wasn't his fault. They were always hit and miss live and I think the time for them playing glasto is gone with the 00s.

10 minutes ago, DickButkis said:

38 downvotes. Didn’t realise how touchy everyone was here.

It was brutal. There are, though, lots of people here who are desperate for TS to play, and I don't begrudge them that even though she doesn't particularly interest me. Your post probably caused quite a few to panic, and those kind of fake announcement posts never go down well when the stakes are high. I don't doubt though that you did it in jest. Learn by it and move forward and get your rep here back into positive equity. I'll help you on your way with one upvote.