2020 headliners

jj200

5 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

Aerosmith would be a dog shite booking. No way it’s them. Just can’t see many people that excited about them. Don’t seem like an act Glastonbury would book to headline to me personally.

I don’t think they are one of the headliners booked. I won’t be surprised if they take a big slot on the lineup but I’m not worried about them headlining at all.

Never know what’s going on here. The success of the legend slot is something unique to Glastonbury. Maybe they want to branch that out a bit and have a rock legends slot for example. 

Edited by Matt42

6 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Just seems strange to me that a band where even their own fans question whether they'd warrant a headline slot - myself included - had managed to have odds of less than evens? 

Nick Grimshaw said repeatedly on Radio 1 that they he'd heard they were headlining last year

3 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Just seems strange to me that a band where even their own fans question whether they'd warrant a headline slot - myself included - had managed to have odds of less than evens? 

The odds would presumably just be down to people putting money on them regardless of any actual info, could have been because Grimshaw mentioned on the radio that he'd heard it was them and people ran with it?

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Nick Grimshaw said repeatedly on Radio 1 that they he'd heard they were headlining last year

4 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

The odds would presumably just be down to people putting money on them regardless of any actual info, could have been because Grimshaw mentioned on the radio that he'd heard it was them and people ran with it?

Im sure the odds were already low before this as I can remember coming on here to find out Grimshaw had dropped this information and then becoming certain that it was going to be there year. 

Im just hoping for a miscommunication in the year that they'd been booked for...  

I still think its Madonna/Swift and another.

Shes been after Madonna for years, now shes touring she will come. Swift is another obvious one, I think touring festivals, got to be Glastonbury for the UK.

Third one could be the one still in negotiations and could be a "Guitar Band" to balance it out, not sure who though. Arctic Monkeys rumoured to want to play but are just recording their new album now according to some bloke on Reddit, will they be ready in time and are they still headliner status? Could potentially fit the negotiation angle as they want to finish recording album before signing up?

Any other big guitar bands who would require negotiation for whatever reason? 

Alternatively it is Kendrick and all the "big" guitar bands are subbing or headlining Other.

1 minute ago, morph100 said:

Shes been after Madonna for years, now shes touring she will come. Swift is another obvious one, I think touring festivals, got to be Glastonbury for the UK.

Third one could be the one still in negotiations and could be a "Guitar Band" to balance it out, not sure who though. Arctic Monkeys rumoured to want to play but are just recording their new album now according to some bloke on Reddit, will they be ready in time and are they still headliner status? Could potentially fit the negotiation angle as they want to finish recording album before signing up?

Alternatively it is Kendrick and all the "big" guitar bands are subbing or headlining Other.

Where've you seen/heard that? News to me, hope it's true

There's no question whether they're headline status

3 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Where've you seen/heard that? News to me, hope it's true

There's no question whether they're headline status

some bloke on Reddit said, usual story my auntie is related to one of them and she says....about half way down the comments on here:

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Still headliner status haha - without any doubt. Alongside those two though they would look pale in comparison a bit but without a doubt if we are mentioning acts like the 1975 and Foals to headline. Hope this rumour is the case as there are no side projects so it would make sense for them to be back in the studio.

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’m just happy and excited that Coldplay are off the table. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed their 2016 set more than I’d like to admit, but having them back yet again so soon would be so dull and uninspiring.

This sends a positive message out that they aren’t just taking the easy options this year.

Yep. Coldplay gone and 2 totally fresh headliners is a great sign. Even if the two headliners are utter pants, at least they will be new pants and not old smelly ones.

11 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yep. Coldplay gone and 2 totally fresh headliners is a great sign. Even if the two headliners are utter pants, at least they will be new pants and not old smelly ones.

And they might surprise you if you give them a sniff.

• Upvote 3

Think I asked at the time the rumour popped up if Aerosmith would take a lower spot on the card  considering they usually headline festivals i.e Download and it was suggested they could play the "rock" slot on the friday. I'd be happy with that providing they played their hits. It would give me some nostalgia to Waynes World 2. 

1 minute ago, Doug85 said:

Think I asked at the time the rumour popped up if Aerosmith would take a lower spot on the card  considering they usually headline festivals i.e Download and it was suggested they could play the "rock" slot on the friday. I'd be happy with that providing they played their hits. It would give me some nostalgia to Waynes World 2. 

I saw Aerosmith 3 times back on the Get A Grip tour. They're brilliant, and I'm not sure why I've never caught them again. Anyway, unlike some other artists, they very much do play the hits, with little room for new shit or deep cuts. And could they ever fill a 75-minute rock slot....

• Dream On
  • Mama Kin
  • Toys in the attic
  • Walk This Way
  • Sweet emotion
  • Back In the Saddle
  • Ragdoll
  • Dude Looks Like a Lady
  • Love in an elevator
  • The other side
  • Janie's got a gun
  • Living on the edge
  • Eat the rich
  • Amazing

But not  I don't want to miss a thing

1 hour ago, morph100 said:

Shes been after Madonna for years, now shes touring she will come.

...at a price. I'm sure they'd have bagged Madge years ago if they'd paid enough. That said, as big as it is, Glastonbury is still ascending in terms of international reputation, and more recent big-name American pop performers may have turned her head. She could very well fit the 'act still in negotiation' category, although I really can't see a trio of American headliners.

The big question is whether I'd take Kendrick if it means McCartney, or Madonna if it means The 1975.

25 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

I saw Aerosmith 3 times back on the Get A Grip tour. They're brilliant, and I'm not sure why I've never caught them again. Anyway, unlike some other artists, they very much do play the hits, with little room for new shit or deep cuts. And could they ever fill a 75-minute rock slot....

• Dream On
  • Mama Kin
  • Toys in the attic
  • Walk This Way
  • Sweet emotion
  • Back In the Saddle
  • Ragdoll
  • Dude Looks Like a Lady
  • Love in an elevator
  • The other side
  • Janie's got a gun
  • Living on the edge
  • Eat the rich
  • Amazing

I am strongly of the belief that I Don’t Want To Miss... is a song that should be sealed in concrete and dumped in the North Sea.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

53 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

• Dream On
  • Mama Kin
  • Toys in the attic
  • Walk This Way
  • Sweet emotion
  • Back In the Saddle
  • Ragdoll
  • Dude Looks Like a Lady
  • Love in an elevator
  • The other side
  • Janie's got a gun
  • Living on the edge
  • Eat the rich
  • Amazing

3 times on the same tour? That's dedication for you, I don't even think Tyler would have been at 3 gigs on that tour (at least consciously) 

8 minutes ago, Matt87 said:

At least they didn't actually write it.

Aerosmith pretty much invented the power ballad with Dream On in '73 and over the years they've written plenty of good ones, so it's a shame that this schlock is the one they're now most famous for, and inevitably have to play at every show to please the casuals...

Aerosmith Power Ballads:

1. What it Takes
  2. Dream On
  3. Amazing
  4. Seasons of Wither
  5. Janie's Got A Gun
  6. Home Tonight
  7. You See Me Crying
  8. Angel
  9. Cryin'
  10. Crazy
  11. Pablo Honey