2020 headliners

jj200

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Don’t know either way. Emily just said they’ve been in negotiations over the summer.

And is this the one her kids have been asking if she’s signed them yet? Do we know her kids ages, what they are into? Could it be Mr Tumble? 

2 minutes ago, morph100 said:

And is this the one her kids have been asking if she’s signed them yet? Do we know her kids ages, what they are into? Could it be Mr Tumble? 

Yep. I think they’re pretty young, like all under 10. Emily recently said her kids love Stormzy, so who knows ?

I’m starting to wonder if there is anything in that Madge rumour. Given her rumoured price it probably would require months of negotiation to get her on board and she is without doubt a name worthy of the 50th.

The only wrinkle is Swift as I can’t see them booking both in the same year, especially if they’ve got Kendrick too. A trio of Kendrick/Madge/Swift would be colossal but there is no way they wouldn’t have at least one guitar based act headlining.

It would be worth it to see the Neil Lonsdale’s of this world explode with rage.

There was an interview with some involved with Coldplay a couple of years ago that said their next tour wouldn't be until 2021. Obviously things can change in that time but it looks like that's still the case, so I'm definitely expecting them back on the farm in 2021, especially if they do release another album next year as was rumoured.

1 minute ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Is the Aerosmith rumour based entirely on the bookies odds? 

Didn't the Strokes have odds of less than evens last year but any suggestions that there was anything in it were slammed down instantly?

I think someone claimed they had some info they'd been booked a while back, around the same time their odds shortened.

As for The Strokes I'd diplomatically call it a 'healthy debate' as to whether they're worthy of headlining the Pyramid given their declining relevance in current times ? 

Just now, thrillhouse188 said:

I think someone claimed they had some info they'd been booked a while back, around the same time their odds shortened.

As for The Strokes I'd diplomatically call it a 'healthy debate' as to whether they're worthy of headlining the Pyramid given their declining relevance in current times ? 

If they're ever gonna do it, it would be 2020; going off Nick pretty much confirming a new album and they keep dropping festival headline slots.

Can't see it though, as much as I would like to see it. Probably still command a pretty big fee and it seems questionable whether they're big enough now to headline the whole thing

4 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Is the Aerosmith rumour based entirely on the bookies odds? 

Didn't the Strokes have odds of less than evens last year but any suggestions that there was anything in it were slammed down instantly?

The Aerosmith odds changed quite suddenly which suggests someone put a big chunk of money on them. Someone then came here with info they were playing which they claim they were told before the odds changed.

10 minutes ago, mufcok said:

If they're ever gonna do it, it would be 2020; going off Nick pretty much confirming a new album and they keep dropping festival headline slots.

Can't see it though, as much as I would like to see it. Probably still command a pretty big fee and it seems questionable whether they're big enough now to headline the whole thing

They’re another that would fall into Emily’s “massive acts for the Other” category IMO. 

Not that I see them doing it.

7 minutes ago, thrillhouse188 said:

Just seems strange to me that a band where even their own fans question whether they'd warrant a headline slot - myself included - had managed to have odds of less than evens?