2020 headliners

jj200

Just now, Winslow Leach said:

Which is, of course, why people were talking breathlessly about The Wombats' set after this year's festival.

Indeed. But to appreciate this, you have to imagine what the Wombats would be like if they were standing there singing to backing tracks. If you can.

25 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Has she got a live band backing her? I'm not a fan of singers performing with backing tracks. Nothing can beat the energy and spontaneity of real musicians.

Nope, just dancers on this tour, but I can see her getting a backing band setup.

9 hours ago, Mark H said:

I was lurking back then and recall a forum entirely united in its refusal to believe that Mumford & Sons we’re headlining right up until the poster came out. It was a beautiful, miraculous and stubborn refusal to accept the inevitable.

The Stones TBC was a huge moment after months of ‘Will they, won’t they’.

We haven’t had a good “will they won’t they?” for a few years now.

Last good one was Adele and the various suggestions that she wouldn’t do it because she was scared of the crowd and/or would sub instead.

(The logic of why a woman scared of massive crowds would play when it was light and she could see the gargantuan crowd was never fully explained)

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

We haven’t had a good “will they won’t they?” for a few years now.

Last good one was Adele and the various suggestions that she wouldn’t do it because she was scared of the crowd and/or would sub instead.

(The logic of why a woman scared of massive crowds would play when it was light and she could see the gargantuan crowd was never fully explained)

I'm sure that year the line was she was subbing Radiohead

How do we not know more info by now?? 

Stormzy did come more or less out of the blue though last year, didn't he? So I guess at this point last year the only thing we had was The Cures tour dates, which is basically the same this year with Taylor. 

It just feels like a barren wasteland of intel!

5 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

How do we not know more info by now?? 

Stormzy did come more or less out of the blue though last year, didn't he? So I guess at this point last year the only thing we had was The Cures tour dates, which is basically the same this year with Taylor. 

It just feels like a barren wasteland of intel!

I think there had been a few murmurings around Stormzy before he was announced. I remember it not coming as a huge shock.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

If Stormzy wasn’t announced until March I think we wouldn’t have had a clue.

not really true. When he did that insta - in about August? - there were some who reckoned it was about headlining. 

While that idea had been talked out at the time, I reckon it would have come round again if we'd been waiting till March.

25 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Stormy had the Instagram post about Jay Z/Noel at Glastonbury about September time IIRC, put him slightly in the running alebit from the outside at that point

Yeh, I remember that. Totally dismissed by lots of us. Makes me wonder which bits of our info carry more weight than we are giving them credit for. 

5 hours ago, sisco said:

Also remember them releasing the lineup on the radio that year. 

The GOAT line-up announcement. The Stones being TBC but everyone still doubting it, the news the line-up was coming on the radio (at 7pm maybe?) and then listening to hear, bang on the dot, the Can't Get No Satisfaction chords...