2020 headliners

jj200

9 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Celebrating 50 years of Glastonbury by insisting the headliners are named after farmyard animals:

Foals

Drake

Lamb of God (Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs Pigs on standby)

For real though P7gs deserve a good spot, I'd love them to play on the park. Me and the other 6 fans can all write pigs on our bellies.

6 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

They're just a bit... not very good. That's all. 

I'm past thinking about whats good or not a this point.

13 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

They're just a bit... not very good. That's all. 

Wasn't commenting on their musical ability, just the idea that they may headline. 

I think what you mean is that you don't like them, not that they are 'not very good'

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I know very little about drake other than his insane priced concerts and that he's acquainted with a woman who used to call him on his cell phone so my instincts say he won't do Glastonbury. Kendrick's were pretty pricey as well so I have no idea why I think he's more likely, I just think he's a bit more artsy fartsy so would be more up for being on a big bill like this and not just his own thing. Plus he's already done R&L so he's got festival form.

Spot on with Foals though, ignore the neysayers.

Agreed on the concert price tag thinking, but Kanye would have been a similar sort of price, yet they still got him to sign up. 

Who knows.

Just a quick comparison for 2019 headliners at this stage we were at page 421  with a total of 837 pages ...obviously now on page 438 .... what can we take from this ? people are slightly keener on radiohead lists ... and the foals discussion takes up a few more pages ... would like to have gone back further but the search function is not playing ball ... 

• Downvote 1

Just now, Cream Soda said:

I can't imagine he would ever have played festivals but I could be wrong.  Just doesn't seem the sort of thing he would do, his show was huge and he was a complete perfectionist and control freak when it came to his performances.

And having watched This Is It, i doubt he'd have even got through those O2 shows, let alone anything else

4 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’d rather have Foals than RHCP.

I had a chilli con carne last night and the red hot chilli peppers were the headlining ingredient to a great meal.

Cannot remember the last time I actually listened to RHCP, but did enjoy their earlier stuff back in the day. I saw them headline Reading in 1994 and really enjoyed them and then saw them years later in Cardiff and that show didn’t leave any impression- well other that the fact they had James Brown as their support ?

55 minutes ago, Bisque said:

That is appalling compared to their rival at the time...

910B7643-651D-4149-BA28-904F8A90DB68.jpeg

What were Plain White T’s thinking taking that slot? ?

That was the year I done GCSE’s, biggest regret is not attending that year. I remember watching Bloc Party on TV.. unbelievable live act those days.

3 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

What were Plain White T’s thinking taking that slot? ?

That was the year I done GCSE’s, biggest regret is not attending that year. I remember watching Bloc Party on TV.. unbelievable live act those days.

There was a massive, & I mean a massive, mosh pit for Hey There Delihah.

Shame Slipknot pulled out.

Edit: Bloc Party were brilliant. Lots of smoke kicked up from camp fires, weed & dust, the lasers were brilliant.

Edit 2: a pigeon flew into Lethal Bizzles set in NME tent & died.

Edit 3: highlight of the week... 

Edited by Bisque