2020 headliners

jj200

3 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Come on though, Metallica's crowd was always going to not all that. Come back 10 rows and you were walking through thin air....even Muse last time didn't have a huge crowd, I left as they started playing Madness to go Underworld and got back to friends after easily, they have fucked for a while now imo though. But hey, when you've headlined and played what they've been able to who cares what we thinking they are happy.

I'd disagree, The Cure are very love or hate, they aren't a band that you would to check out for example...been around long enough too....you know if you're bothered.

Stormzy is new and many would have bene curious and that's fine, I'm certainly not against the point that people went to see him but just like like when Mumford did it in 2013 and I liked them more then, I didn't feel it cut it and thought they were a bas choice also for the closing act. I've nothing against Stormzy but I think I'm allowed the opinion that for me it wasn't all that, others are allowed to say it was good also

My sentiments. I like Stormzy and his album is ace, but I was at Interpol so watched his set on telly when I was back and thought it a bit meh...

11 minutes ago, evannn said:

1. In Rainbows

2. OK Computer

3. Amnesiac

4. The King of Limbs

5. Kid A

6. Hail to the Thief

7. A Moon Shaped Pool

8. Pablo Honey

9. The Bends

Having Bends last is madness to me. It might be my favourite album, and i'm not talking just Radiohead

4 minutes ago, AS35DF said:

Chances of The Chemical Brothers making another appearance in 2020? :( 

Low I'd say. Could pop up someone as a surprise slot but I wouldn't get my hopes up!

Edit: pop up as a DJ slot that is, no chance of a proper live show I don't think.

Edited by jparx

30 minutes ago, Gromite said:

Having Bends last is madness to me. It might be my favourite album, and i'm not talking just Radiohead

8 and 9 are sewn up with KoL and PH. 7 is likely AMSP and the other six can all have solid arguments made for them. Popular opinion would have the top four as In Rainbows, Kid A, OK Computer and The Bends, which I've put in alphabetical so no-one froths. Personally I'd have HTTT, above In Rainbows, but it wouldn't be my top...so the definitive list should be:

1-4. IR, KA, OKC, TB

5-6. A, HTTT

7. MSP

8. KoL

9. PH

Not that I'm calling for an end to Radiohead lists, like. Surely there's scope for top 10 songs, maybe listing the songs on each album in order of merit, favourite pairs of trousers you've seen Thom wear (must have photos to back up) and best Radiohead song/cake combo, to name but a few...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ghostdancer1 said:

RHCP headlining a festival in Italy a few weeks before Glastonbury.

Still get flashbacks of their horrendous Reading Festival 2007 set.

I'll be as far away from them as possible if they were to show up!

1 hour ago, Hotchilidog said:

I'm sorry, this cannot stand. The Bends at 9? I understand that this forum is really a post Kid-A Radiohead board but putting this classic at number nine has shocked me to the core.

I mean we all know which album should be at number 9....