2020 headliners

jj200

57 minutes ago, jow95 said:

Laid down a rope where? I may be being thick but can u clarify this, I wasn’t there in 2013 sadly. 

Sure, I’ll try ?

In 2013 the first line of tents at the back of the field were further back than usual to allow more capacity in the field for the Stones.

To “police” this they had the area penned off on the Wednesday Thursday Friday with a rope on those pole things to prevent folk putting tents up and on occasion, there was a steward in there ensuring nobody stuck their tent in what would have been excellent real estate.

Come Saturday night the rope and poles were removed and folk were standing up there where in other years there are tents. 

Should they ever think they need more space in the field again, I think this is way easier than moving the stage.

13 minutes ago, judyblue110 said:

I know that McCartney is off the list (not that there's ever any substance behind the list at this stage - mainly blagging), but a number of France dates rumoured for May 2020. Paris possibly 26th.

Yeah I've seen those rumours too...if they're true I think he sneaks back in to contention. Seemed to me that one of the reasons he was ruled out for 2020 came down to him just not being on tour. If an EU show gets announced for late May then it certainly looks promising.

I’ve seen that someone on reddit is claiming they know of a prominent act which has been booked that is on none of the rumour pages. Apparently they are not a headliner but will be taking a big spot.

Their clue was that they are “not quite pop”. Didn’t specify if it was a band or an act.

Who could this be?

Edited by Matt42

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I’ve seen that someone on reddit is claiming they know of a prominent act which has been booked that is on none of the rumour pages. Apparently they are not a headliner but will be taking a big spot.

Their clue was that they are “not quite pop”. Didn’t specify if it was a band or an act.

Who could this be?

Beck.

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Who could this be?

Mika

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Who could this be?

Just some c**t trying to act like they know something without giving off anything so they can’t be wrong.

Or did you mean the act?

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

Just some c**t trying to act like they know something without giving off anything so they can’t be wrong.

Or did you mean the act?

Haha I was trying to steer the discussions away from the boomer chat and onto something more exciting ?

I’m in the mood to give them the benefit of the doubt.

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Who could this be?

Bjork

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Bjork

Maybe Massive Attack? Not really seen them being thrown about and they are due to invade the other stage again - just in case anyone forgot about Teardrop.

(I love massive attack before anyone thinks I’m hating).

Edited by Matt42

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Who could this be?

James Arthur

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

1. In Rainbows.

2. OK COMPUTER.

3. KID A.

4. A Moon Shaped Pool.

5. Hail to the Thief.

6. The Bends.

7. The King of Limbs.

8. Amnesiac.

9. Pablo Honey.