2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, ProperTea said:

Talk over on Facebook that as well as moving the tents back at the top of the Pyramid field they are moving the Pyramid structure itself back as well - bollocks, or does this signify a supermassive band headlining? 

It’s a load of bollocks they would have to dismantle the stage, redo any footings then rebuild the stage as well also isn’t there a stream at the back of the stage which would limit the amount you could move without putting a bridge in. 

1 hour ago, ProperTea said:

Talk over on Facebook that as well as moving the tents back at the top of the Pyramid field they are moving the Pyramid structure itself back as well - bollocks, or does this signify a supermassive band headlining? 

There's a whacking great tree behind the Pyramid which Emily said recently (possibly at the Union Chapel) was of some significance and is a reason the stage can't be moved.

I guess they could move it to the side and then back, but I'd be very surprised.

9 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

MCR are the first band that made me sound old & boring. "They are are a shit green day rip off" was my general line when I was 18/20.

I quite liked "Im not ok" though. 

I'd probably give them a chance & check them out if nowt else appealed

I’m Not OK, Teenagers, and The Black Parade are bangers. 

4 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

There's a whacking great tree behind the Pyramid which Emily said recently (possibly at the Union Chapel) was of some significance and is a reason the stage can't be moved.

I guess they could move it to the side and then back, but I'd be very surprised.

Looking at Google Maps, the tree is right behind the stage, and behind that, and to the side of the stage, are hedgerows. Plus it’d eat into the all important backstage/VIP area. It’s a non-starter I’d say. 

2D965EB9-3E27-4CA0-9B41-52AF5BF471A6.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Michael mentioned this at Michael Eavis Explains it all 0

41 minutes ago, henry bear said:

Looking at Google Maps, the tree is right behind the stage, and behind that, and to the side of the stage, are hedgerows. Plus it’d eat into the all important backstage/VIP area. It’s a non-starter I’d say. 

2D965EB9-3E27-4CA0-9B41-52AF5BF471A6.jpeg

Agreed. They just laid out a rope for a few days before the Stones.

Guess they’d go with that again and keep the tents that bit further back if so required.

10 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Guess they’d go with that again and keep the tents that bit further back if so required.

Agreed too.

Too many natural boundaries for it to be anything other than using some (or perhaps all) of the land beyond the path at the top of the field. All of it would give you a bigger area than the Stones had and there's not many bigger than them to draw that kind of numbers. 

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I had never heard "Ok Boomer" until today on this board. Heard it 4 times since. The guardian just posted it on Facebook.

It’s suddenly everywhere. Terrible patter as well. Getting dished out by 21 year olds to mean anyone older than them. I doubt most of them ever know what a baby boomer is. 

10 hours ago, CJTM said:

I just put £10 on Pearl Jam at 28/1 with SkyBet, think they have as good as shot as most that are touted on here, maybe even more so.

It's the hope that kills you @guypjfreak

I bloody love you... If they don't play I'll buy you a pint.. If they do I'll get you hammered old son lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Comfy Bean said:

Laid down a rope where? I may be being thick but can u clarify this, I wasn’t there in 2013 sadly. 

Regarding the tree and moving the stage, if anyone’s seen aerial pictures of the site you’d have seen the amount of HGV’s/backstage tents/places for Noel Gallagher and Kate Moss to sniff coke off each other’s nipples they stuff behind there. Would be surprised if the stage was moved at all given that it’s a permanent structure supposedly placed on some sort of Glastonbury tor ley line bollocks but I have been wrong before once or twice

Just catching up.

On 11/5/2019 at 2:55 PM, caballosblancos said:

AC/DC are so appallingly dull I can’t believe all you otherwise (rarely) sensible legends want them. Baffling. :) 

Get out!

On 11/5/2019 at 3:34 PM, henry bear said:

3CF43190-FB2B-4128-A234-ADA1E0AAEE1A.jpeg

Marvellous!

10 hours ago, JSmurphy said:

MCR's reunion has absolutely dominated social media. Who was in charge of revealing that Rage are coming back? Because they did a shit job of it. 

I saw 2 people mention MCR on my timeline, a shit load mentioned RATM and I'm an influencer.

3 hours ago, henry bear said:

Some guesswork here:

59CBBE42-26CF-4366-AF4B-53688644AFC3.jpeg

Generation X - Generation X

• Like 1