2020 headliners

jj200

21 minutes ago, AStormInHeaven said:

Well I just clicked on this thread entitled '2020 Headliners' and saw the last few pages filled with MCR chat and people discussing the extent of their popularity, so it certainly seemed so. They could headline the other stage I guess.

Yeah, these things have a tendency to go off on a bit of a tangent :D

I'm talking generally here not aiming at anyone here, but people are getting annoyed at being called a boomer when they've referred to anything under 30 as a millennial and hurled shit at them for years.

I digress...

Manchester could 100% headline the pyramid 

Image result for i love manchester

6 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I'm talking generally here not aiming at anyone here, but people are getting annoyed at being called a boomer when they've referred to anything under 30 as a millennial and hurled shit at them for years.

Oh aye.  See also snowflake.

ELO have a new album out. Has a band or act ever played the legend slot then featured elsewhere in future festivals?

Saw them in Birmingham last year and they were outrageously good. Their sound engineer is a genius. The levels on their instrumentals and tightness was just superb.

Generation Name Births
Start
Births
End
Youngest
Age Today*
Oldest Age
Today*
The Lost Generation
The Generation of 1914
1890 1915 104 129
The Interbellum Generation 1901 1913 106 118
The Greatest Generation 1910 1924 95 109
The Silent Generation 1925 1945 74 94
Baby Boomer Generation 1946 1964 55 73
Generation X (Baby Bust) 1965 1979 40 54
Xennials 1975 1985 34 44
Millennials
Generation Y, Gen Next
1980 1994 25 39
iGen / Gen Z 1995 2012 7 24
Gen Alpha 2013 2025 1 6

4 minutes ago, giantkatestacks said:
Generation Name Births
Start
Births
End
Youngest
Age Today*
Oldest Age
Today*
The Lost Generation
The Generation of 1914
1890 1915 104 129
The Interbellum Generation 1901 1913 106 118
The Greatest Generation 1910 1924 95 109
The Silent Generation 1925 1945 74 94
Baby Boomer Generation 1946 1964 55 73
Generation X (Baby Bust) 1965 1979 40 54
Xennials 1975 1985 34 44
Millennials
Generation Y, Gen Next
1980 1994 25 39
iGen / Gen Z 1995 2012 7 24
Gen Alpha 2013 2025 1 6

I have literally never heard of the term Xennials before and apparently I am one.

12 hours ago, zeppelin said:

People are talking about Foals and The 1975 headlining but you take issue with Pearl Jam?! 

Now I have no beef with Pearl Jam, and I neither like Foals or 1975, but there's far more reason for both of them to headline than Pearl Jam in 2019. The 1975 are absolutely huge worldwide and you could argue are pretty much the future of (pop) rock right now. Glasto taking a punt on them headlining as their way of putting the spotlight on the current leaders and future of Biritish pop rock is more likely than an American alt rock band who were primarily huge in the 90's but aren't of huge interest to most people outside of their core fan base nowadays. I can understand old rock acts being rumoured previously for headlining that hold more of a legendary status like Elton, Fleetwood Mac, Paul McCartney. I just don't think Pearl Jam are quite that big anymore........Other Stage headliner maybe?

Of course I might be wrong, it's just my opinion, there are plenty here who'd feel differently :)

38 minutes ago, Stokesy10 said:

ELO have a new album out. Has a band or act ever played the legend slot then featured elsewhere in future festivals?

Saw them in Birmingham last year and they were outrageously good. Their sound engineer is a genius. The levels on their instrumentals and tightness was just superb.

This reminds me of one of the more bizarre and very unfortunate music deaths...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-11195393

33 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Am I Generation Y or am I Xennial, Generation next or Millenial?

Born in 1984

How do I label myself?!!

No wonder I am depressed

Fuzz, I think we're both millennials (it seems the term shoved Gen Y out of fashion??). My Mum has been accusing me of it for years but I've only recently accepted that she is technically correct. 

Fred Durst had me thinking I was Generation X for years, without realising he's probably a good 20 years older than me

Edited by Sasperella