2020 headliners

jj200

41 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The same user on a different forum who said ‘MCR comeback announced today’ on Thursday before it was official said that at the same time. Must be legit.

I think they might be at a point where they are having to test what the demand would be like - seeing as they weren’t a shining star when they disbanded - so are taking some lower slots. Still would be weird as fuck for MCR’s UK date to be Glastonbury; a festival that barely ever has anyone like them on the lineup.

Rumour seems to be they're doing MK Bowl although it's not been used for a while. Someone else mentioned they'd heard they're doing Brixton gigs.

5 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They're Pearl Jam obsessives and not Glastonbury obsessives, and would rather PJ didn't hit Glastonbury because it means a gig they likely can't go to so aren't thinking about it. Just like we're all about good music here and are ignoring the stench of Post Malone wafting over the horizon.

Oiii..ive been to the last 4 glastonburys and spent the fallow year 2018 at 5 pearl jam shows in Europe..didnt get glasto tickets for first time ever so the reason we are quiet is because of the absolute fear that this might well happen..expect a thread of thousands of fence jumpers/tunnel diggers if it happens on said Pearl Jam forum?

8 hours ago, jparx said:

MCR will be headlining wherever they play. They're not coming back after all this time to do Glastonbury's second stage. For that reason I don't see them fitting in to the Glastonbury picture since I'll be stunned (and fucking stoked) if they headline the Pyramid.

Change RATM for MCR and the above sentence is also spot on. 

Talk of other stage for either is nonsense 

Edited by Billy Corgan's Ego

2 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

MCR are the first band that made me sound old & boring. "They are are a shit green day rip off" was my general line when I was 18/20.

I quite liked "Im not ok" though. 

I'd probably check them out if nowt else appealed

Sometimes it's not you Fuzzy, sometimes its them. 

• Upvote 2

I heard the morning MCR reunited that they were playing a string of festivals in the US and Europe and they were not headlining any of them. Obviously this isn’t the complete list of the shows they are doing but I heard they are playing Coachella, Lolla US, Mad Cool, Rock Werchter.

The person who told me didn’t know of any UK date - but considering the time frame that they will be in Europe it should put them in the frame for a show around June. I don’t think it will be Glastonbury at all though.

Look in the Reading thread for proof that I heard it the morning of the day they announced their reunion.

Edited by Matt42

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

around a decade ago Michael was keen to have them, but wasn't interested at the price they wanted. I guess it's still the same.

Interesting, thanks. They’ve got a load of bangers, with pretty broad appeal (he says as a 40+ person knowing fuck all what people under 39 like). 

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I heard the morning MCR reunited that they were playing a string of festivals in the US and Europe and they were not headlining any of them. Obviously this isn’t the complete list of the shows they are doing but I heard they are playing Coachella, Lolla US, Mad Cool, Rock Werchter.

The person who told me didn’t know of any UK date - but considering the time frame that they will be in Europe it should put them in the frame for a show around June. I don’t think it will be Glastonbury at all though.

Look in the Reading thread for proof that I heard it the morning of the day they announced their reunion.

Sub download like the Pumpkins did? 

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Sub download like the Pumpkins did? 

my info contained nothing about the UK so maybe a UK date isn’t fully agreed yet - the people in the reading sub are hearing about a June show in London which would fit within the touring schedule I was told. They will be in Europe June and July but I don’t think they will be at any UK festivals. Perhaps driving demand and headlining Reading or Download next year.

Just now, ghostdancer1 said:

literally no-one i know has mentioned MCR reforming.

they were a cringe-y, niche fad in the mid 00s, no-one I knew admitted to liking MCR at the time, if they did, and sure as hell no-one is admitting to it now.

In my circle of friends and even wider Facebook friends, the Rage news was greeted with "IM GOING". MCR hasn't even had a mention.