2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Very unlikely but reading this seems like Monkeys will do some tour. When talking about the next album, Helders said on ‘these last couple of tours we will think about it.’

06AA2B44-8FCD-46A7-AD20-4C72CF929387.png

Interesting. I mentioned the other day I think they're a potential for the 'negotiations' act which, if they've been planning a tour, might line up. 

1 minute ago, priest17 said:

gonna be egg on the faces of the last 50 pages when Foals are announced.

I don't think people would be too surprised. They certainly aren't first choice based on the clues we've had - if they do headline it'll be because someone they've been chasing has opted against it. 

If they're going after someone like Guns n Roses, Madonna, whoever, it could well fall apart and Foals are pencilled in as the backup.

11 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Very unlikely but reading this seems like Monkeys will do some tour. When talking about the next album, Helders said on ‘these last couple of tours we will think about it.’

06AA2B44-8FCD-46A7-AD20-4C72CF929387.png

I'm not sure you can read anything into this - the quotes are from an interview in March with the following lines afterwards (in the NME article) 

Arctic Monkeys are currently on tour in Australia and New Zealand before wrapping up their 2019 shows in South America.

So i'd interpret the 'couple of tours' being Oz/Nz and South America that have already been completed.

1 minute ago, maelzoid said:

Since when has anyone convinced Axl Rose of anything ever?

I dunno, I think he's changed a bit recently. I was very down on Guns n Roses after Download 06 and it just seemed like one disaster after another. The past few years it seems like they've really got their act together and they're in a much better place. 

I mean, there's nowt wrong with this at all

• Like 1

Gund and Roses (despite seeing recent videos and cringing a bit) could be truly superb. They coiuld tear the field open with song like night train, outta get me etc....then do a 14 minute onslaught of Nov rain, dont cry, civil war. Personally I think its doable if a bit unlikely.

Velvet revolver did a load of UK festivals so they know the score

7 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Similar to the 1975, it isn't Foals going off Emily's comments. They've played before and I'm not sure there'd be much negotiating to be done if they got the call..

I think Foals are already signed, probably as other headliner, and can step up to headline if the act they're negotiating with falls through

1 minute ago, Gromite said:

I think Foals are already signed, probably as other headliner, and can step up to headline if the act they're negotiating with falls through

Yeah that's what I think - Other headliner or Pyramid sub and will step in should anything happen with one of the headliners