2020 headliners

jj200

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

That's what I'm saying, I can't think of a possible reunion that would be in such prolonged negotiations. Open to suggestions, though!

AC/DC seem the most likely as they haven’t announced there plans yet, maybe negotiating with Glasto. 

the others are Rage and the Impossible bands of Oasis and Pink Floyd.

Just now, SomeoneListeningIn said:

aye I listed AC/DC and Rage, and Oasis and Pink Floyd clearly ain't happening.

No one else I can think of big enough and willing... Kendrick hasn’t played so him and Tay for those who haven’t played and Stones/Macca/AC/DC for the pyramid expansion Saturday night set. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Was about to say that Roger Waters has dates over the Glastonbury weekend, but just had a quick look and can't find them. Am I misremembering or just not looking properly?

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Was about to say that Roger Waters has dates over the Glastonbury weekend, but just had a quick look and can't find them. Am I misremembering or just not looking properly?

Apparently planning a North American tour

http://www.pinkfloydz.com/roger-waters-planning-2020-tour-of-north-america-and-mexico/

I mean Prophets of Rage had an entire summer tour planned which was canned because of the rage reunion!

Just now, Matt42 said:

Apparently planning a North American tour

http://www.pinkfloydz.com/roger-waters-planning-2020-tour-of-north-america-and-mexico/

I mean Prophets of Rage had an entire summer tour planned which was canned because of the rage reunion!

Ah, maybe that was it. Guess it's not impossible, but incredibly unlikely.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I think Emily saying the third headliner was still in negotiations is more likely to mean 'our first/second/whatever choice fell through and so we're still trying to talk somebody in to it' rather than 'we're trying our hardest in a long winded negotiation to secure this one single act'. Obviously once the headliners are announced we'll see our two never played before headliners and know who the third was, but I'm guessing it'll be pretty clear due to them being the odd one out in the wow factor department. 

Not sure on this either way. If they were scraping around, struggling, trying to convince someone, wouldn't they turn to one of the Other Stage headliners if they are apparently  sobig? The fact they're in negotiations sounds to me like they are trying to make something happen that could be on the same level as the other two

15 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Also agree with @FloorFiller, although didn't Emily make it out like there's a particular act they've been chasing since summer, or was it more vague? Can't remember exactly what she was meant to have said.

Yup she said they’ve been chasing this act since the summer and her kids are frequently asking whether they’ve signed them up yet.

Which sounds like to me it’s someone who doesn’t jump at any opportunity to play the festival. i.e probably international.

Two headliners already booked that haven’t played before says ‘international’ to me too.

3 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

Not sure on this either way. If they were scraping around, struggling, trying to convince someone, wouldn't they turn to one of the Other Stage headliners if they are apparently  sobig? The fact they're in negotiations sounds to me like they are trying to make something happen that could be on the same level as the other two

yarp. I also wonder if it’s someone who can’t sign the dotted line yet (for whatever reason).

2 minutes ago, Johnkhutch said:

In an absolute cuckooa, fantasy land, Kate Bush would be ideal. Has she played before?

Never going to happen in a million years, mind.

In absolute cuckoo fantasy land - Talking heads would be  my ideal... but they all hate each other :(

Talking heads, black sabbath... I had thought of a 3rd one the other day but I can't remember 

Anyone given much thought to why glasto seems to have a relatively high rate of headliners pulling out even if before they’re announced? 

is it the smaller fee means the major acts are less bothered if they have to pull out? 

Maybe it’s not that unusual and I’m just more aware of the glasto headliners because I follow it all a bit more and it’s actually just as common elsewhere. 

2 minutes ago, jow95 said:

Anyone given much thought to why glasto seems to have a relatively high rate of headliners pulling out even if before they’re announced? 

is it the smaller fee means the major acts are less bothered if they have to pull out? 

Maybe it’s not that unusual and I’m just more aware of the glasto headliners because I follow it all a bit more and it’s actually just as common elsewhere. 

It’s probably because other commercial festivals paying some acts north of 1m tend to provide upfront payments etc.

Hard to say no or retract if some money is going into your pocket before you even play the gig.

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

The last time they extended the pyramid field was for the stones ... and Emily recently talks of extending it again ... I wonder ...

Not to be a downer, but isn't it possible they're just extending the pyramid field to accommodate the 7000 more punters with tickets in 2020?