2020 headliners

jj200

7 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I know they've been discussed somewhat, but I wonder if AC/DC are more of a possibility than we think. They've said in the past that they'd be willing to play, seem to have their reunion dates pretty well embargoed (unless they're not happening at all), and, depending on how you look at it, could fit either description of never played before or in prolonged negotiations.

Just a thought, given that we're still really in the dark here.

Yeah AC/DC is an outside possibility I guess. Would definitely require extra room in the pyramid field and satisfy a lot of people.

Kendrick Lamar   AC/DC   Taylor Swift  would be a very strong trio.

Maybe Aerosmith don’t mind subbing AC/DC?

Edited by Matt42

9 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I know they've been discussed somewhat, but I wonder if AC/DC are more of a possibility than we think. They've said in the past that they'd be willing to play, seem to have their reunion dates pretty well embargoed (unless they're not happening at all), and, depending on how you look at it, could fit either description of never played before or in prolonged negotiations.

A long shot but it would be, in my opinion, a tremendous booking. And a great contrast to Kendrick and Taylor. Add in the other stage with decent headliners and it would be an incredible 50th! 

Oh, and add in beans on toast on the Avalon! 

59 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Did someone draw up a list in here of acts who haven't done it and can potentially be considered 'headliner size'? Sure I remember seeing something last week at some point 

We came up with this as a rough attempt

Screenshot_20191104_120445_com.android.chrome.jpg

23 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

This is a good shout. I think they've been rumoured for Graspop which is the weekend before Glastonbury and as you say, fit both descriptions for our headliners.

I'd be surprised if the 1975 headlined the Pyramid, going off Emily's comments. Obviously they aren't 1 of the 2 as they've played before (I'm taking the quote as two acts who've never played the festival at all) and I can't imagine they'd be negotiating; I think they'd jump at the chance to headline.

Edited by mufcok
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Cheers. The Kinks have done it.. haven't they? Most of the rest of the list could do it though, interesting 

They have - sorry that was mentioned before and I didn't take them out ?

Can probably also rule out Green Day (current tour dates) and FM.

1 minute ago, HeyPorter said:

How did it show? Packed the field more than the Cure and he apparently smashed it. Looked tremendous on the box too. 

To be honest though, most people pack a field out more than The Cure u less it's their own gig....that was never going to be the most popular show.

In my opinion it didn't, I thought it was poor and didn't look good on tv.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

To be honest though, most people pack a field out more than The Cure u less it's their own gig....that was never going to be the most popular show.

In my opinion it didn't, I thought it was poor and didn't look good on tv.

So by wasn't big enough you mean you didn't like it?

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

and yet The Cure still had a packed field ... with waaaaaay more than Metallica had.

So Stormzy's bigger-than-the-cure crowd demonstrates he was a suitable headliner.