2020 headliners

jj200

25 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

that page has never gone to the Glasto page for any year. 

That would be https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury for the event's home page and https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2019 for the year page

the rumours page is:

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2019/lineup.shtml

I meant like the quick links section on that page I linked

16 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

They posted this the other day so I think IOW for them makes sense

Bit late to this but incredible is a massive stretch, they were late, put in a sub performance and half the speakers were turned off because England were busy getting knocked out of the world cup.

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

was never booked according to sources in Prince's camp.

Emily might have been told by an agent trying to make themself some money that Prince was booked. Agents will string bookers along in the hope of talking the act into it.

Well that’s c**ty as shit

In the book she says that she received a full booking confirmation.

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Well that’s c**ty as shit

yep - but I know from plenty of stuff i've heard (and sometimes seen in emails forwarded to me) over the years that even "proper" agents can lead bookers on.

In the book she says that she received a full booking confirmation.

yep, from an agent - not from Prince - and the 'confirmation' only lasted a few days. 

And from some of my own sources - and Emily herself - I know that 2 years after that "confirmation" Prince didn't have the first idea about Glastonbury. 

From what I heard, Prince didn't have anyone that was officially his manager or agent, so there were people 'around him' who were trying to wing it by taking a booking and then trying to talk him into it.

Edited by eFestivals

36 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yep - but I know from plenty of stuff i've heard (and sometimes seen in emails forwarded to me) over the years that even "proper" agents can lead bookers on.

yep, from an agent - not from Prince - and the 'confirmation' only lasted a few days. 

And from some of my own sources - and Emily herself - I know that 2 years after that "confirmation" Prince didn't have the first idea about Glastonbury. 

From what I heard, Prince didn't have anyone that was officially his manager or agent, so there were people 'around him' who were trying to wing it by taking a booking and then trying to talk him into it.

It's a shame as it seems as though he got wind of it in the press and thought that GF were using his name to promote the festival and sell tickets even though we know that's not the case however to him if he doesn't have a clue about the festival then it would seem that way (usually). 

At that point this "agent" may have told him that he was wanted to play and he's said no chance. 

Emily has made a point recently that she has to try and sell the festival especially to US acts. 

Edited by Doug85

18 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

It's a shame as it seems as though he got wind of it in the press and thought that GF were using his name to promote the festival and sell tickets even though we know that's not the case however to him if he doesn't have a clue about the festival then it would seem that way (usually). 

At that point this "agent" may have told him that he was wanted to play and he's said no chance. 

Emily has made a point recently that she has to try and sell the festival especially to US acts. 

He was notoriously the hardest person to work with.

Its a chopped up version as I can’t find the full clip - basically Prince wanted to recruit Kevin Smith to do a documentary. Kevin Smith refused as he doesn’t make documentaries. This made Prince very upset.

I think he’s just one of those celebrities that got swallowed up by yes men culture. 

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

Doesn't mean they were 1st choice.

I dunno what you’re trying to say here because the timeline for the Cure suggests that they were probably one of the first headliners booked.

They announced a Euro tour in September I think? With a clear glasto gap. I think Neil also heard that they were doing that very early on.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Doesn't mean they were 1st choice.

it seems pretty damn clear they were an early choice.

"First choice" doesn't necessarily mean anything. A first choice that isn't available isn't really a first choice.

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

They announced a Euro tour in September I think? With a clear glasto gap. I think Neil also heard that they were doing that very early on.

I heard it was them before any of their shows were announced.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Do the stones do consecutive dates? There’s rumours they are doing Sunday 28th June and 4th July twick Stadium.

At a guess, if they were going to do consecutive dates, then they'd do their Twickenham shows on the same weekend and save themselves a bit of cash in the process.

Can't help thinking about Emily's comment around removing a row of tents to increase capacity in the Pyramid field. This has to be for a must see moment/concert. 

This got me thinking again... How about a evening of "Best of Glastonbury" kinda like a live aid thing. Few songs from special guests important to the festival over the years.  

Mik Artistic on the pyramid anyone?

• Upvote 1

I know they've been discussed somewhat, but I wonder if AC/DC are more of a possibility than we think. They've said in the past that they'd be willing to play, seem to have their reunion dates pretty well embargoed (unless they're not happening at all), and, depending on how you look at it, could fit either description of never played before or in prolonged negotiations.

Just a thought, given that we're still really in the dark here.

4 minutes ago, Roger1 said:

Can't help thinking about Emily's comment around removing a row of tents to increase capacity in the Pyramid field. This has to be for a must see moment/concert. 

This got me thinking again... How about a evening of "Best of Glastonbury" kinda like a live aid thing. Few songs from special guests important to the festival over the years.  

Mik Artistic on the pyramid anyone?

When did she say this? They havent done that since the Stones played last time i dont think?