2020 headliners

jj200

43 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

2015 was originally gonna be Foos, Kanye and Prince, right? Not sure when it last actually happened though.

I think Prince was for 2014, that's why Metallica stepped up.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/oct/30/emily-eavis-glastonbury-50-festival-anniversary-trapeze-books-extract

Just now, Ayrshire Chris said:

And then we have a month or so of those folk who don’t understand the ethos of the festival saying  huh, look at the headliners, glad I didn’t get tickets! 

And those who do, going "I need to get tickets!"

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I keep having to remind myself that there's at least 2 months of this nonsense. 

It is nonsense - but a strangely addictive and fun type of nonsense ?

The variety of opinions is what makes it so interesting.  I only found this forum about 5-6 weeks ago and cannot believe how I keep checking into the debate regularly, even though we all know full well that we will not find out until next year.  Madness :music:

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

And then we have a month or so of those folk who don’t understand the ethos of the festival saying  huh, look at the headliners, glad I didn’t get tickets! 

I have got tickets for my first Glasto and although I have very firm ideas of who I want to headline, it doesn't really matter - I can't wait for June no matter who plays.  Anyone who says "glad i didn't get tickets" is only kidding themselves or not a true music fan

29 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

I keep having to remind myself that there's at least 2 months of this nonsense. 

The first year I went nothing was announced until the end of March. It’s only in recent years things have been announced a bit earlier than that.

12 minutes ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

But personally I would be surprised and a touch disappointed to have three non British headliners for the 50th anniversary of the festival. 

I don't personally see what difference it makes. If the American acts are better options then why not? Don't want to see Kasabian headlining just because they felt the need to have a British act on the bill!

2 hours ago, circus92 said:

It is nonsense - but a strangely addictive and fun type of nonsense ?

The variety of opinions is what makes it so interesting.  I only found this forum about 5-6 weeks ago and cannot believe how I keep checking into the debate regularly, even though we all know full well that we will not find out until next year.  Madness :music:

Don't think we'll be seeing Suggs topping the bill on the Pyramid.

Maybe early afternoon.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

2014 they were close to booking Prince

2015 they actually booked him and then he pulled out.

In 2015 we had Michael Eavis opening an event at work and he said they were hoping to announce the third headliner as early as that evening but was still waiting for permission - something along the lines of ‘they are a difficult one’ and caused issues before. Nothing happened that evening and then The Who obviously got scrambled to do it...

He also called Kanye West, Kenya West and told me Van Morrison was playing (Which was wrong but think he told several other people that too!)

Edited by strummer77

5 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

In 2015 we had Michael Eavis opening an event at work and he said they were hoping to announce the third headliner as early as that evening but was still waiting for permission - something along the lines of ‘they are a difficult one’ and caused issues before. Nothing happened that evening and then The Who obviously got scrambled to do it...

He also called Kanye West Kenya West and told me Van Morrison was playing (Which was wrong but think he told several other people that too!)

Lol bless Michael 

I think in 2014 they had him down for Saturday headliner which he fluctuated in his interest for a long time. 2015 he was fully booked on a  Friday and first thing on the Monday he cancelled.

I have no idea though how the Who (who were already booked up on the Sunday) came into the frame. 2015 was the weirdest run up to the festival ever.

Edited by Matt42

19 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Speaking of is this link still supposed to go to the 2019 page @eFestivalshttps://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals

that page has never gone to the Glasto page for any year. 

That would be https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury for the event's home page and https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2019 for the year page

19 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

I always used to use it to guickly jump to the rumours page rather than having to scroll through the list on the link westholtschic posted

the rumours page is:

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2019/lineup.shtml

11 hours ago, Matt42 said:

2014 they were close to booking Prince

2015 they actually booked him and then he pulled out.

was never booked according to sources in Prince's camp.

Emily might have been told by an agent trying to make themself some money that Prince was booked. Agents will string bookers along in the hope of talking the act into it.

13 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Unfortunately Rage seem like only very recently have been available so I dont think its them,  if its somebody else the pool for me is Aerosmith, Madonna, Bruce, PJ?

But imagine you’re Glasto and you’ve been in some long torturous negotiation with someone. And then RATM suddenly become available and go “Sup, Eavii, we’ll play your field. And btw Trump’s a c**t” - you’d snap their arm off right!? 

Edited by caballosblancos
Sp
  • Upvote 4