2020 headliners

jj200

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Also even if they were briefly ‘banned’ after pulling out (they probably weren’t) they obviously aren’t anymore and Michael isn’t even the lead booker now.

Do you think Michael banned the Cure? Listen to bobby at 30 seconds

Rob seems to say that because someone who worked for the festival is no longer involved, they were invited back.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Rob seems to say that because someone who worked for the festival is no longer involved, they were invited back.

As said a few days ago, Michael said c. 2014 that there was only one banned act and it was a Manchester band who weren’t famous anymore. That describes neither Chilis nor The Cure.

Maybe Bob personally feels someone was preventing them from playing but he’s probably wrong, and if that person was Michael then he is still involved in many aspects of the festival so that would be wrong too.

Edited by dentalplan

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m sorry to ruin your Sunday I just think we need to prepare for all options.

Its great that Kendrick and Taylor are a possibility but we should make sure we cover all bases.

Chilis could just be at IOW.

They posted this the other day so I think IOW for them makes sense

• Upvote 2

Just now, dentalplan said:

it was a Manchester band who weren’t famous anymore. 

Haha I always thought that was subtle shade at some established band that was banned lol. Not genuinely about banning some pub band from the fest.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Have an upvote x

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Haha I always thought that was subtle shade at some established band that was banned lol. Not genuinely about banning some pub band from the fest.

What do you mean? I think it was either The Fall or James - both of whom had fallen out with the festival - but both played the next year.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

What do you mean? I think it was either The Fall or James - both of whom had fallen out with the festival - but both played the next year.

I always interpreted as a Mariah Carey style ‘shes irrelevant’ put down. Michael being a bit sassy lol.

Edited by Matt42

3 hours ago, circus92 said:

100% Agreed.

Kendrick Lamar - Alright

Have previously tried to give him a go because of all the acclaim on here.  Felt like I was missing out, but just not getting it.

Just wasted 7 mins listening to this nonsense - words fail me ...

My musical tastes are all over the place and I am not the sort of person who sticks to one or two genres - good music is good music at the end of the day, but seriously this is complete tosh and cannot believe he is being held up as a potential headliner.

Hard hat on ....

Oh dear!

15 minutes ago, Mr. Snrub said:

Haven’t IOW downsized their bookings? This year they had NGHFB, George Ezra and Biffy, hardly the same wow factor as when they had Kanye, Bon Jovi, The Killers, Stone Roses etc. Would be shocked if they managed to snag either Taylor or Chilis

Hmm I reckon that they might of just had a smaller year. 

The Who, RHCP, Stereophonics are all touring next year so I reckon they could have a ‘classic’ IOW headliner trio next year.

I don’t think they will be booking acts like Taylor when bands like that are on the market.

Edited by Matt42

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Red Hot Chili Peppers headlining PinkPop 19-21 June 2020.

Never played before.

This is something that we hate to RHSeeP.

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

But this is the clearly something that we don't hate to RHSeeP.

Do we reckon Coldplay are still in the running, or did this weeks comments from Emily rule them out?

Just listening to their new track released today "Everyday Life" and can't help having visions of Chris Martin sitting on his piano on the Pyramid stage playing it next June - surely its inevitable?

2 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Do we reckon Coldplay are still in the running, or did this weeks comments from Emily rule them out?

Just listening to their new track released today "Everyday Life" and can't help having visions of Chris Martin sitting on his piano on the Pyramid stage playing it next June - surely its inevitable?

I don't think they're currently in the running to headline, no. Could always be drafted as a backup, but they aren't one of the two already booked and you'd be mad to think Coldplay would be in months long negotiations to be the 3rd headliner. They'll do some sort of set at the festival though, I imagine.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

I don't think they're currently in the running to headline, no. Could always be drafted as a backup, but they aren't one of the two already booked and you'd be mad to think Coldplay would be in months long negotiations to be the 3rd headliner. They'll do some sort of set at the festival though, I imagine.

Yeah I know it sounds unlikely they will headline the Pyramid now- they def wouldn't be negotiating much.  Do you think they would play the Other Stage?  Cant see them not appearing especially with new material out (which is sounding good so far)

Can we talk about some acts that might require months of negotiations before booking? It could be that they’ve informally agreed but all points are not yet agreed - but to me it sounds like someone they are in the process of convincing.

Just trying to think who it could be within the realms of possibility.