2020 headliners

jj200

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've removed Macca from the rumours.

He was only put in because someone claimed to have heard via a roadie he was booked - but Emily has proven that false.

So I'm back to what Nick Dewey said - that Macca wouldn't be playing.

What do you make of the "2 not played before" Neil? The shortlist we drew up contained some pretty big names. Opens the door for some of the big American acts.

32 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've removed Macca from the rumours.

He was only put in because someone claimed to have heard via a roadie he was booked - but Emily has proven that false.

So I'm back to what Nick Dewey said - that Macca wouldn't be playing.

This seems to be giving me  a page 404 error :) 

Edited by crazyfool1

21 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I still can’t shake the GnR feeling for some reason.

Bring it on.

Slash has done it before - maybe he convinced the rest of em it's worth taking the pay cut? A marathon GnR set on the Saturday would be incred.

4 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I think if him and Taylor were booked for this coming year it's a very poor choice, one okay but not two. 

It will though show how the festival over the last few years has got a lot more commercial than where it was. It is afterall Glastonbury Festival, it does need to start booking everyone that V Festival would have.

I enjoy it but it's too much of the whole hashtag and Twitter world that it never used to be and the  it just branches out further. The increase in the amount of people is too far imo when at 160/170k there was enough bottlenecks without adding in another 30k to the mix. It's very much become now a place to be seen at.

Its not Coachella when it comes to wanting to be seen at thats for sure. You just feel it is because of the bookings in the last few years. Technology is whats pushed the whole experience culture more than anything. If instagram, facebook and twitter didnt exist, there wouldnt be insanity when it came to the ticket sale. And Emily fully taking over is whats bothering moreso to the general population. She wants to get past having to only honor the old and forge ahead with the future and it feels like its too much of a shock to the system for longtime attendees. Anytime “progress” is to be made there is an outcry, especially when it comes to rap. With Jay Z, Beyonce, Kanye and Stormzy, people wanted to riot over them apparently besmirching the image of glasto somehow. Yet they all smashed it when they hit the stage. Pop has gradually been inserted into the festival and been very successful, but still the desire of just good ol guitar bands At the top is what the status quo just wants as a trade off for booking Katy Perry and the like. They dont have to book what V used to, its more about whats available in the current climate. I wonder why everyone wants the same handful of acts every year. Why do we need a gallagher  brother in some form every single year? It just takes away from somebody else that could be there and do something different, but apparently Oasis sing alongs are what keeps the festival functioning. 

6 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Kendrick: writes an inspirational album about being a black youth in today’s culture 

some boomers: “yeah but have you heard of manic street preachers?”.

Manic Street Preachers aren’t a boomer band ? What do you think a boomer is? Someone who happens to be older than you? 

Edited by Rubber Soldier

Just now, nikkic said:

OK so with all the recent new info, if you had to put money on the 2 headliners who are already booked, who would you go for?

Taylor seems a given. 

I’d love it to be Kendrick, but honestly feel it’s more likely to be Foals at this stage.

Those two have never played the festival Emily said so it can’t be Foals

3 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Ah I’m just grumpy because I haven’t slept.

It’s fine, hope your okay. People can get things wrong though. 

4 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Those two have never played the festival Emily said so it can’t be Foals

It’s fine, hope your okay. People can get things wrong though. 

I do reserve the right to call out the “Glastonbury should be for young people” line he’s peddling though. That’s some grade A bullshit.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I do reserve the right to call out the “Glastonbury should be for young people” line he’s peddling though. That’s some grade A bullshit.

That’s a disgusting comment. Nowhere should be preserved based on age or a persons feature, that’s Just discriminative. A* bullshit. I’m 18 and on a totally different note: god it would be like hell it being for the younger bracket, it’s such a good time when you can associate with people of who you would never talk to and learn about there gig and life experience. 

19 minutes ago, nikkic said:

OK so with all the recent new info, if you had to put money on the 2 headliners who are already booked, who would you go for?

Taylor seems a given. 

I’d love it to be Kendrick, but honestly feel it’s more likely to be Foals at this stage.

Shit answer but other than Taylor I honestly don't know. Kendrick seems too good to be true and Foals now seem to be likely for the the Other stage with a view to headline the Pyramid if stuff falls through.

Emily's comment has blown it wide open. It's narrowed it down but also brought in a load of acts I'd never have considered. We're gonna get at least one headliner well out of left field I reckon.