2020 headliners

jj200

19 minutes ago, jparx said:

What's the list of acts who are active next year, roughly headliner level and have never played the festival before? Can't imagine it's very long

Taylor

Kenny (atleast rumoured to be active)

Aerosmith

Strokes

Pearl Jam

21P??????

How about Depeche Mode, just read rumours that they are recording a new album and potentially touring end of next year.

They haven't appeared at Glastonbury before anyway. 

5 minutes ago, HattersBoy said:

How about Depeche Mode, just read rumours that they are recording a new album and potentially touring end of next year.

They haven't appeared at Glastonbury before anyway. 

Yep they can be added to the list!

50 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Any indication that RATM account is official?

I've followed it just in case but my suspicion is that it's fake. Something doesn't feel right about it. That said, the fan page seems convinced. 

For me this would be the best news all year and I'd seriously consider Coachella if it's true. And if they turn up at Glastonbury I may just abandon all of my principals and jump the fence.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, jparx said:

What's the list of acts who are active next year, roughly headliner level and have never played the festival before? Can't imagine it's very long

Taylor

Kenny (atleast rumoured to be active)

Aerosmith

Strokes

Pearl Jam

21P??????

Madonna

The Kinks (probably wouldn't headline though)

Drake

Fleetwood Mac (ruled out, or was it just "not booked"?)

AC/DC

Green Day

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Rihanna

Guns n Roses

7 minutes ago, Festival Liam said:

Love Kim Petras, but Dr Luke though ? Wonder if that is going to stunt her career growth...

I wish she wouldn't work with him, but sadly I don't think the mainstream gives a shit about actually sorting out abusers so that's not something which would affect her career. There's definitely going to be some loud voices who will refuse to support her and I fully get where they're coming from, but personally whilst I do feel awkward about it and support survivors fully I'm also not about to punish one of the very few successful trans artists for the actions of a man or for finding success in the way that she can because we all know the majority of the industry has no interest in supporting trans artists. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes either, she could be effectively locked in to working with him; or you know it could just be that she feels a kind of loyalty to him because no other motherfucker wanted to know and she's always said that they've had a positive relationship together. ? Yeah it's a shitty situation and I hope Dr Luke gets what's coming to him in court and Kim can break out and be a success without him, but let's be honest, the entertainment industry can be pretty horrible so if anything is going to stunt Kim's career it'll probably be something nastier than him.

5 hours ago, eFestivals said:

No.

I really can't see Glasto lining themselves up for a long drawn out negotiation where he might back out again like he did last year.

Plus I don't think Glasto think there's any point in starting talking, from what Nick said back in April.

They're clearly in a long drawn out negotiation with someone.  He's said publicly "it's starting to become some kind of remote possibility", ie, they're negotiating.  If it wasn't happening wouldn't he just say no?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-49591024

7 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I wish she wouldn't work with him, but sadly I don't think the mainstream gives a shit about actually sorting out abusers so that's not something which would affect her career. There's definitely going to be some loud voices who will refuse to support her and I fully get where they're coming from, but personally whilst I do feel awkward about it and support survivors fully I'm also not about to punish one of the very few successful trans artists for the actions of a man or for finding success in the way that she can because we all know the majority of the industry has no interest in supporting trans artists. We don't know what's going on behind the scenes either, she could be effectively locked in to working with him; or you know it could just be that she feels a kind of loyalty to him because no other motherfucker wanted to know and she's always said that they've had a positive relationship together. ? Yeah it's a shitty situation and I hope Dr Luke gets what's coming to him in court and Kim can break out and be a success without him, but let's be honest, the entertainment industry can be pretty horrible so if anything is going to stunt Kim's career it'll probably be something nastier than him.

Same page there then. Any time I think differently I just go and listen to 'Heart to Break' and it sorts me right out. 

6 minutes ago, ErnestWorthing said:

They're clearly in a long drawn out negotiation with someone.  He's said publicly "it's starting to become some kind of remote possibility", ie, they're negotiating.  If it wasn't happening wouldn't he just say no?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-49591024

Yep - and if the Other Stage headliners are genuinely very very big it isn't as if they don't have backup options in place...

10 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

Red Hot Chili Peppers

Id heard that the chillis pulled out a number of years ago last minute, maybe in the 90’s?, and ever since Michael eavis has said he wouldn’t have them back. Might be misremembering some details but I’m sure it happened

7 minutes ago, jow95 said:

Id heard that the chillis pulled out a number of years ago last minute, maybe in the 90’s?, and ever since Michael eavis has said he wouldn’t have them back. Might be misremembering some details but I’m sure it happened

Michael said about five years ago there was only one band that wasn’t allowed back, and it was a Manchester band who had fallen out with the festival and wasn’t famous anymore. I think he was referring to The Fall (who played the very next year) but anyway, Chilly Willy are not banned.

5 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

yeah, they pulled out as Flea was suffering from exhaustion (think he has an actual medical condition?).

Dunno if Emily/Nick would be as unforgiving 27 years later, especially if they're still trying to get a final headliner to play the 50th....

Out of interest, who replaced them that year? Wondering if it was a blessing in disguise, i've got it in my head that RHCP have a reputation for being hit and miss live...