2020 headliners

jj200

24 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

I saw Kendrick in Glasgow last year and, tbh, it was just OK. It wasn't helped by factors outwith his control (didn't sell out, not the greatest outdoor venue) but it was over pretty quickly and I can't say it was overly memorable. I'm sure a Pyramid headline spot would be a different situation but I'll be keeping my expectations in check. 

I think that was slightly to do with the crowd as much as anything else. I'm not really a fan but I went along because I got free tickets (as did about half the crowd) and I felt that most people around me were in a similar position, not really too bothered or into it. I could definitely see him having a crowd like Radiohead's at the Pyramid, with people near the front raving about it but the crowd being a bit sparse further back.

34 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I like Kendrick on record, but he's not particularly great live these days IMO. Saw him on the GKMC tour which was good but every time since then, it's been dull and he's basically been phoning it in.

The video from him headlining Reading is just bad. An hour long set and he seems like he can barely be arsed on most of the songs.

Saw him on the Damn. tour in Birmingham and he was the absolute opposite of phoning it in. Popped up on a stage in the middle of the crowd to do Money Trees. Was an incredible set.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Wait.

I'm gonna give @dentalplan some credit here.

Post Malone fits the criteria stated by Emily and has a date in June close to Glasto.

I don’t think he’s someone Emily would book but it’s another name to the pool I guess we have to consider.

for Other?

Just now, Matt42 said:

Dental put a bet on foals months ago and is in a bad mood.

I’ve been playing down Kendrick chances for a while. There really isn’t anything to go on with it, except that Emily went to see his concert.

Anyway, Foals’ chances aren’t dead. Just seems like they’re pencilled in to step up from the Other Stage rather than Pyramid sub.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Anyway, Foals’ chances aren’t dead. Just seems like they’re pencilled in to step up from the Other Stage rather than Pyramid sub.

I really think it is mate. I don’t think they were ever in contention to headline glasto - it was just something that the forum whipped up in excitement.

If this third headliner they are negotiating with falls through it will be Coldplay which will get the call first - not Foals.

They aren’t headlining, and I feel confident that they were probably never in contention for it.

Just now, Matt42 said:

I really think it is mate. I don’t think they were ever in contention to headline glasto - it was just something that the forum whipped up in excitement.

If this third headliner they are negotiating with falls through it will be Coldplay which will get the call first - not Foals.

They aren’t headlining, and I feel confident that they were probably never in contention for it.

If you never thought it was even a remote possibility, you wouldn’t have put the hours in to saying it won’t happen. There wouldn’t be pages and pages of arguing over the Stereophonics headlining.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

it was just something that the forum whipped up in excitement.

I'm very pro-Foals headline but can confidently say that the forum has not been excited about Foals headlining ahah.

If anything its a 50/50 split, who's to say they weren't dead on and them not doing it is something the forum whipped up in excitement.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

If you never thought it was even a remote possibility, you wouldn’t have put the hours in to saying it won’t happen. There wouldn’t be pages and pages of arguing over the Stereophonics headlining.

An Internet forum debating whether they are in the frame and whether they are factually in the frame are two completely different things.

2 hours ago, zero000 said:

I can't see it being her only date in the UK given her apparent love for the country. Keep the faith.

She's an 8 date tour at present, realistically with 28, 30 June and 7 July open, based on a show every other day. Taking it up to 11 doesn't leave much space. That Berlin show, for her, is a small one, Waldbuhne only holds 24000 or so.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Neither can I but it genuinely looks that way.

Perhaps her team don’t realise that you can’t just get tickets to Glasto. Perhaps they don’t care?

Maybe it’s intentional - drive up demand and ticket sales for a proper tour.

A Glastonbury performance as a one off UK show, then announce a 3-4 date (initially) stadium tour for 2021. Easy marketing and sales generator.

Edited by Dark Star

11 minutes ago, Dark Star said:A Glastonbury performance as a one off UK show, then announce a 3-4 date (initially) stadium tour for 2021. Easy marketing and sales generator.

Inaccessibility sometimes creates demand - especially when it’s an act of her calibre.