2020 headliners

jj200

1 hour ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Fatboy used to be my absolute fave mainstream DJ, but I recently saw him in Singapore and utter dogshit would be too kind a description.  He was absolutely dialling it in, obviously not playing live, totally awful.  I think his time has been and well and truly gone, unfortunately.

I saw a promo for his Wembley gigs and it was him playing that Rockafeller Skank/Satisfation splice that I first heard him play in the dance tent in 1998 (just after they'd sucked all the shit back out after they put that vacuum thing on blow instead of suck). He's not exactly pushing the boundaries is he!

Would be a bit weird for all three headliners to be American on the 50th anniversary, but maybe they've gone for three big UK acts on the Other to balance it out? 

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Am a bit concerned now the Saturday headliner is Aerosmith. Would be a band that would require a bit of negotiation.

8 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Would be a bit weird for all three headliners to be American on the 50th anniversary, but maybe they've gone for three big UK acts on the Other to balance it out? 

Agree. I'm sure there will be some UK rock royalty playing one of the nights. Who knows maybe the Stones are back in play or in the absence of Floyd Roger Waters doing an epic Floyd set.

20 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It’s not about chin stroking, it’s basic competence. You’d have to be pretty fucking hammered to find that Eurovision performance good.

She would be on the back of a huge tour. She would definitely be better than her Eurovision performance (probably more like the way she sounded on her video of the Eurovision performance) the tour has been getting great reviews so far

Edited by Bennykill
Added a little bit

4 minutes ago, zero000 said:

I can't see it being her only date in the UK given her apparent love for the country. Keep the faith.

Neither can I but it genuinely looks that way.

Perhaps her team don’t realise that you can’t just get tickets to Glasto. Perhaps they don’t care?

Maybe it’s intentional - drive up demand and ticket sales for a proper tour.

Edited by Matt42

43 minutes ago, Homer said:

I saw a promo for his Wembley gigs and it was him playing that Rockafeller Skank/Satisfation splice that I first heard him play in the dance tent in 1998 (just after they'd sucked all the shit back out after they put that vacuum thing on blow instead of suck). He's not exactly pushing the boundaries is he!

He’s turned into a total ‘paint by numbers’ commercial shit stack

23 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

It’s not about chin stroking, it’s basic competence. You’d have to be pretty fucking hammered to find that Eurovision performance good.

I was fucking hammered during that Eurovision performance and still thought it was shockingly bad 

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

It won't be.

Matt makes a good point about dates, though. If she is doing Glastonbury it really limits what else she could do in the UK. Most of the big venues are taken up with other events and it would probably have to be a midweek thing.

Just Glastonbury is a possibility imo.

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Matt makes a good point about dates, though. If she is doing Glastonbury it really limits what else she could do in the UK. Most of the big venues are taken up with other events and it would probably have to be a midweek thing.

Just Glastonbury is a possibility imo.

Given that Taylor is here quite a lot of the time I'd find it surprising that the UK does not get at least 1 Loverfest. I have however covered my bases and gone for the Belgian date just in case.