2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, Gnomicide said:

In the interview, Emily made quite a bit about how little they pay compared to other festivals (I think she said 10 times less) and how they have to sell the festival to artists.

Maybe they've worked their magic on someone like Madonna. 

Would vouch for her rumours tbf and the pyramid extension for someone as big.

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

In the interview, Emily made quite a bit about how little they pay compared to other festivals (I think she said 10 times less) and how they have to sell the festival to artists.

Maybe they've worked their magic on someone like Madonna. 

Madonna was who I thought she might have been referring to when she was talking about US acts not being too aware of the festival and being willing to take the pay cut. 

I reckon pushing the tents back at the Pyramid = Coldplay opening. I don't see them headlining this year simply due to the massive spectacle the last time. That can't be topped so there's nothing to be gained by headlining again so soon. However there's no show without Punch these days and his grinning fizzer will have to get in the press somehow so opener it is.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I reckon pushing the tents back at the Pyramid = Coldplay opening. I don't see them headlining this year simply due to the massive spectacle the last time. That can't be topped so there's nothing to be gained by headlining again so soon. However there's no show without Punch these days and his grinning fizzer will have to get in the press somehow so opener it is.

Grinning fizzer. You win the internet today.

2 hours ago, ErnestWorthing said:

Kendrick, Taylor booked, Macca still in discussions. Other stage: foals, 1975, Noel Gallagher.

None of those Other stage acts will be Other stage I would doubt. It's a poor set for 2020 imo but I think most of use believe they'll smash it out due to occasion whereas it ultimately comes down to who is free and says yes to play....the 50th to many probably is just one more year, it's still going to be aired on tv.

Not mentioned before I think, but she just appeared on my random playlist so I looked up what she's doing these days...

*** Alanis Morissette ***

To quote from her Wikipedia page:
In June 2019, Morissette went into studio in Los Angeles. She said that she had written all the songs, and "Smiling" will be included on the new album, likely to be released in early 2020.[82] On August 8, 2019, Morissette revealed that the new album is produced by Alex Hope and Catherine Marks.

Obvs not a headliner but a good shoe-in for a late sunny afternoon slot.

Edited by Gilb
added text

1 hour ago, morph100 said:

Arctic Monkeys instead of Noel

Madonna instead of Macca

I'd be well pleased with Arctic Monkeys and Noel. People saying The Foals/1975 aren't big enough to headline? The Arctic Monkeys headlined with just one (admittedly hugely massive at the time) album to their name. (I know nothing of The Foals or 1975's music).

Would prefer Macca over Madonna but again fantasy festival line-up brain wants both, even though I'm not particulary a fan of Madonna.

23 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

Honeslty, I think Coldplay opening the pyramid would be fantastic way to start the weekend.

Wouldn't it just. Traditionally though, isn't The Other Stage the place that starts things off on the Friday?

Would possibly be the best opener since The Hives (Get Me A Ladder) opened (but didn't Beady Eye play unannounced first? If so, I'm not counting them).

I wasn't particularly a Coldplay fan, but that whole wristband, and bringing on Barry Gibb, and doing Stayin' Alive thing they did absolutely slayed me... (I grew up with Saturday Night Fever).

We've big expectations as it's The 50th haven't we.

I've recently dug out and have been wearing my 40th anniversary T-Shirt.

We had big expectaions a decade ago didn't we.

And looking at the back of said T-Shirt. That was a great fucking line up.

I'd be well happy with that amounts of acts I like again. Can't believe it'll have been ten years since Slash played (to a half deserted field 'cause England v Germany).

Can we have a T-Shirt that glows in the dark again please?

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

so now we await a report from @Brave Sir Robin think he was in attendance tonight ?  or do we look for any updates to the playlist ? :) 

A lovely event, on which I will report in another thread, but the discussion never went anywhere near headliners for next year.

She did reference Neil Young  (& Dylan) among headliners of significance to her family, but without any hint he may be reappearing.

7 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Madonna’s way too expensive and her performance at Eurovision didn’t go down well. Why do you think she’ll play?

Emily has said she wants her, she is touring so is ready, she understands British culture so may recognise the importance over pay, Emily stopped following her on Instagram to throw us off the scent.

Ok my reasoning gets less and less sane but you get the gist 

Only way I can see Madonna popping up is in either a guest appearance with another headliner (possibly performing two or three of her own songs along with whoever she’s on with) or even some Coachella like mini set. Was championing her for headliner myself, but her fees + constant new album heavy setlists just make it seem unlikely she’d do a full festival headline set (at Glastonbury, at least).

16 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Surprise-Madonna-Taylor-Swift-Completely

IF (big if, might’ve already proven to be bollocks) that guy talking about a Taylor/Madonna collab was on to something, then this certainly seems like the most likely outcome. Though the chances of Madge shoehorning a new song of hers in to the set seems pretty likely.

8 hours ago, chazwwe said:

Honeslty, I think Coldplay opening the pyramid would be fantastic way to start the weekend. 

They need to get Fatboy Slim to open the Pyramid , as part of his playing every stage thing. Not a huge fan (plus I, er, don't actually have a ticket), but that would be great fun and go down a storm.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/emily-eavis-says-that-glastonburys-other-stage-will-feature-pyramid-level-headliners-next-year-2563232

So has there been any discussion  on above article?

If it’s true that they have some very big Other stage headliners next year, would this not confirm the lineup being even more special for 50th?

Could Foals be a pyramid sized headliner that actually headline the Other?

Also why do I still care about the lineup, when I didn’t manage to get tickets and so not going?

So early in the morning and so many questions that need answering 

Edited by Mr Boo