2020 headliners

jj200

So the actual wording:
"kind of Pyramid level headliners on The Other Stage"

"The 2 we've booked have not done the festival before"

"Hopefully people will be really happy, I think it's something to be very proud of, it's looking so good."

"Need to move the tent line back a bit."

Bit of paraphrasing... "People that are also Glastonbury goers playing."

"It's not as simple as ok, here we go. It's Daft Punk."

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Still thinking that means Kendrick and Taylor, with Coldplay doing a guest slot somewhere.

I'm sure Emily is proud of all the headliners she books, but I do think Kendrick and Taylor would be top of that list for her.

What do we have aside from Emily seeing him to suggest he is around and touring next year. I want kendrick so bad tho.

2 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

What do we have aside from Emily seeing him to suggest he is around and touring next year. I want kendrick so bad tho.

Aren't there rumours he has a new record coming, and there was a comment from the primavera sound guy, although that was too vague to mean much.

7 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

- Emily is a big fan

- Emily saw him last year

- He's touring

- Being a hip-hop artist, he's very different from the other potential headliners, so fills a similar balancing role to Stormzy last year.

- He's never played the festival before.

- He's the kind of artist that would accept a lower fee for this kind of gig.

- He's big enough (unlike those pesky Foals/1975 etc etc)

- New album rumoured.

- It wouldn't be surprising to know he was booked a year in advance if he was playing, given his status and schedule.

Edited by MaxPower

2 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

@Gnomicide can you please confirm that tonight, 31st October 2019, Mrs Emily Eavis, organiser of Glastonbury Festival, uttered the words “It’s Daft Punk” in sequence?

Only a one word answer will suffice.

Haha she did, but only flippantly in the context that it's not as was saying "oh we'll have Daft Punk" to get a headliner.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Aren't there rumours he has a new record coming, and there was a comment from the primavera sound guy, although that was too vague to mean much.

Yup. I am now totally convinced.

MCR reunion and Taylor and Kendrick being strongly in the frame for Glasto? What a 

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

I think that remains to be seen and is the major stumbling block for the booking tbh.

I suppose I'm basing on the fact he's done a number of charity gigs for someone, and the fact he does a lot of community/charity work compared to most megastars, so I think that aspect of the pitch (that Emily referenced a few times with Jo Wiley tonight) would appeal to him.

Edited by MaxPower

Just now, wro_lap said:

Also, when Emily said that one of the acts was “someone nobody was talking about”, who do we think she was referring to? Kendrick?

Probably. There’s not really been any media coverage insinuating he was booked. We only started talking about him when the bookies shifted.

1 minute ago, MaxPower said:

I suppose I'm basing on the fact he's done a number of charity gigs for someone, and the fact he does a lot of community/charity work compared to most megastars, so I think that aspect of the pitch (that Emily referenced a few times with Jo Wiley tonight) would appeal to him.

Fingers crossed. They clearly want him to do it and will be asking - if he's about next summer and doing other festvials, but doesn't do Glastonbury, we can probably assume the fee is the issue.

Taylor and Kendrick in the same year would be a crazy get.

Look if they’ve got Taylor ‘I’m not playing to anyone other than a mega stadium and only to my fans’ Swift to play - Kendrick really isn’t that much of a reach.

Remember this is the festival that got the stone’s to play for a small fee. We have been burnt by years of FM turning it down for money but not every act is FM.

Kendrick’s team might have seen the response to Kanye, Jay, Stormzy and thought it was a good idea.

Van The Man has been stoking up his slick publicity machine today, I see. Reckon he’s nailed on for a slot followed by a fan Q&A in William’s Green afterwards

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2019/oct/31/a-duel-with-van-morrison-is-this-a-psychiatric-examination-it-sounds-like-one?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

• Upvote 1