2020 headliners

jj200

On a real though, I can’t mentally rule out oasis yet, you have to imagine they’d demand a big fee and there would be difficulties negotiating, Noels around at the time (albeit playing a solo show) and Liam has said he’ll be there but left it very dubious as to in what exact way, and I’m not an idiot and I know it’s realistically not gonna happen but until they are actually ruled out I’m gonna have hope, would also fit with the pyramid expansion as surely 99% of people would be there no matter what else was on.

1 minute ago, C14S said:

On a real though, I can’t mentally rule out oasis yet, you have to imagine they’d demand a big fee and there would be difficulties negotiating, Noels around at the time (albeit playing a solo show) and Liam has said he’ll be there but left it very dubious as to in what exact way, and I’m not an idiot and I know it’s realistically not gonna happen but until they are actually ruled out I’m gonna have hope, would also fit with the pyramid expansion as surely 99% of people would be there no matter what else was on.

I’m ruling Oasis out right now for you. 

1 minute ago, C14S said:

Noel doing a huge solo show the week before Glastonbury rules out Oasis. 

4 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Oasis aren't gonna let 50th anniversary press get in the way of their reunion news.

I think Noel best-mates-with-Weller-and-Marr will be keen to never reform them at this point. Stone Roses has opened the door for it though.

Always thought that myself. The Jam and The Smiths are heroes of his and amongst his favourite bands. I think he’ll enjoy the lingering question for his entire life, the attention he’ll get from it and refusing to do it. 

Just now, Mattymooz said:

Why do people reckon Macca is suddenly likely with this announcement, to me this kinda rules him out. If we believe last year they were trying to book him for ages until talks broke down it would seem a bit silly to repeat the exact same process a year later...

He said they were talking and his daughters wanted him to do it and he would have to put a few things in place. That’s what makes it likely for me. 

3 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Why do people reckon Macca is suddenly likely with this announcement, to me this kinda rules him out. If we believe last year they were trying to book him for ages until talks broke down it would seem a bit silly to repeat the exact same process a year later...

Based on nothing but my own thoughts, but I reckon they’ve been in negotiations with Elton, he’s decided to do his own thing next summer instead, so they’ve went back to Macca to see if they can work something out.

2 hours ago, jparx said:

No way are The 1975 doing the Other.

Could be Aerosmith/PSB/Foals.

Was at BBC introducing Live this afternoon! Emily Eavis said, “we’ve got pyramid headliner level acts for the other stage headliners next year”. So you never know, thought that might interest people, im also at the book launch right now so i’ll See what is said!?

2 minutes ago, ThomJG said:

Was at BBC introducing Live this afternoon! Emily Eavis said, “we’ve got pyramid headliner level acts for the other stage headliners next year”. So you never know, thought that might interest people, im also at the book launch right now so i’ll See what is said!?

excellent ... I posted about that seconds ago :) 

4 hours ago, Dark Star said:

He did to pretty much a greatest hits when he played that Oldchella, sorry, Desert Trip, festival in the US. 
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bob-dylan/2016/empire-polo-club-indio-ca-2bfd748e.html

Saw him a few times between 2000-2003 when he was in good form, the worst of those far eclipsed the 1998 Glastonbury set. He was kind of boring at the Roundhouse in 2009, but everyone's allowed an off night. Would love to see him again, but at the same time, wouldn't specifically make a trip to do so. 

Dimitris doesn't attend as many shows as you might think, 6-7 of a European tour is usually about it, and the odd couple in the US or south America. He's a good guy. HIs post on the thread on the forum indicates he doesn't think the band would play a festival which had sold out before they were announced, I can see that, although their commitment to their fan club appears to be waning somewhat. Stopped producing the vinyl singles, didn't drop the price of fan club membership, still owe two years worth to the fans... so maybe now they might consider a festival that their fans couldn't get a presale for.

I hope your right lolololololol.. Ahh maybe he just puts it out there.. O well.. As for the band definitely not keeping busy as they should music and fan wise but as I said ages ago I'd rather them finish than fade... Rather remember them now than in years like old men like the stones.. No offence to stones fans lol..