2020 headliners

jj200

2 minutes ago, Doug85 said:

Yes mate as I said that's worldwide. What about within the UK as a large percentage of attendees will surely be from within the UK. 

Sorry I just find this conversation bizarre. I can’t believe it’s even up for debate that Kendrick can headline. It’s Kendrick flipping Lamar? An artist huge in the streaming generation and headlined festivals across the planet and in the UK.

Of course there will be some glasto goers that don’t know who he is because there’s a lot of glasto goers who don’t listen to any acts who have emerged in the 21st century!

Anyone who is involved with contemporary music knows who he is.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Sorry I just find this conversation bizarre. I can’t believe it’s even up for debate that Kendrick can headline. It’s Kendrick flipping Lamar? An artist huge in the streaming generation and headlined festivals across the planet and in the UK.

Of course there will be some glasto goers that don’t know who he is because there’s a lot of glasto goers who don’t listen to any acts who have emerged in the 21st century!

Anyone who is involved with contemporary music knows who he is.

As I say above I'm not debating he could headline 

Just now, Doug85 said:

As I say above I'm not debating he could headline 

No I understand it wasn’t directed at you.

I just find it funny that when any new act is in contention to headline we have to even question whether they pass the Lonsdale test.

Glasto has become the juggernaut it is and pretty killed all its competition by not falling down the lonsdale booking policy trap.

59 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

2 out of 3 sounds like the vague possibility of the thurs is out too ? but whats the expansion of the pyramid arena about ? when would they likely get someone play who is likely to draw a bigger crowd than the headliners ? cant see d ross doing it ? so does that bring the thursday back into play ? im confused 

Has the Thursday been spoken about anywhere else seriously? Thought it was just an idea on here

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

No I understand it wasn’t directed at you.

I just find it funny that when any new act is in contention to headline we have to even question whether they pass the Lonsdale test.

Glasto has become the juggernaut it is and pretty killed all its competition by not falling down the lonsdale booking policy trap.

Yep just purely going off the reaction off social media there seems to be a lot of negative response to him potentially headlining. 

Whereas here we *all love the idea of it happening or at least understand it 

Just now, strummer77 said:

Has the Thursday been spoken about anywhere else seriously? Thought it was just an idea on here

I dont know ...  but I dont really go anywhere else ... but there are some knowledgeable people on here .... but I cant think why they would expand the pyramid arena if there are pyramid sized acts playing the other .... I cant think they would need any bigger capacity than they have had for the rolling stones 

53 minutes ago, priest17 said:

If Foals headline other this year that means they're still potentially big enough to headline the pyramid and thus does not end our debate

Trying to work out if foals are big enough to headline the pyramid realisiing they've headlined the other, but emily said they are pyramid level headliners...

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

I dont know ...  but I dont really go anywhere else ... but there are some knowledgeable people on here .... but I cant think why they would expand the pyramid arena if there are pyramid sized acts playing the other .... I cant think they would need any bigger capacity than they have had for the rolling stones 

One for the conspiracy fans but maybe the reason the Row Mead lot didn’t get tickets this year is because they’re getting rid of that camping area to increase the Pyramid capacity to handle the crowd Rick is going to bring. 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

Has it been spoken about on here other than a wish?

You would have to expand the Pyramid field by a lot though to accommodate a Thursday night headliner I think. The site is full on a Thursday and almost any headline sized act would get a huge crowd against nobody.

Just now, strummer77 said:

Has it been spoken about on here other than a wish?

You would have to expand the Pyramid field by a lot though to accommodate a Thursday night headliner I think. The site is full on a Thursday and almost any headline sized act would get a huge crowd against nobody.

it was mentioned that some of the main stages might open on the thursday eve ... I dont know how quickly licensing could get through as its not been sought yet as im sure someone would have spotted it .... I know who posted it but will leave it for them to come forward if they want to 

1 minute ago, crazyfool1 said:

it was mentioned that some of the main stages might open on the thursday eve ... I dont know how quickly licensing could get through as its not been sought yet as im sure someone would have spotted it .... I know who posted it but will leave it for them to come forward if they want to 

Oh come on if it's been posted it's not secret info haha!

Edited by strummer77

4 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

One for the conspiracy fans but maybe the reason the Row Mead lot didn’t get tickets this year is because they’re getting rid of that camping area to increase the Pyramid capacity to handle the crowd Rick is going to bring. 

I think they did that for the Stones ... but did it ever go back ?

If they’re extending the pyramid field and 2 of the acts haven’t played before, does it not open the possibility that they’ve booked a megastar, as doubt they would talk about doing this for an act that hasn’t actually been booked yet (such as Macca). Would kendrick and Taylor warrant extending the field? I personally think not so would  this not lead us to someone like Madonna or similar? 

Just now, tigger123 said:

If they’re extending the pyramid field and 2 of the acts haven’t played before, does it not open the possibility that they’ve booked a megastar, as doubt they would talk about doing this for an act that hasn’t actually been booked yet (such as Macca). Would kendrick and Taylor warrant extending the field? I personally think not so would  this not lead us to someone like Madonna or similar? 

It has to be bigger than the Stones or at a time when its quiet elsewhere doesnt it ?