2020 headliners

jj200

16 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

GnR would want 3 1/2 hours of stage time. You want a pyramid headliner starting at 8pm to make that happen?

Given they'd be taking a huge dip on a fee a shorter set would probably be a sweetener to the deal tbh. Less work for less pay.

13 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The Cure managed to slim their set down.

They trimmed 5 songs from the summer set, most shows ran 2h30 to 2h45. Much less than in years past, an acknowledgement to their getting older I think!

1 minute ago, jparx said:

No way are The 1975 doing the Other.

Could be Aerosmith/PSB/Foals.

PSB aren't Pyramid headliner size.

The 1975 just about are, although would widely be seen as weak (other forums i'm on most people have outright dismissed them). Plus they're something for the kiddies while Macca is on, they're hardly going to pull 40k+ to the Other field while he's on at the Pyramid.

1 minute ago, Doug85 said:

That should be Swift nailed on I reckon. 

Kendrick is a funny one. I know Emily is a fan but does he have the draw over here to keep the majority of the attendance happy? I like him but not sure on his broader appeal 

He is absolutely big enough to headline Glastonbury. Anyone who disagrees is out of touch.

I think people tend to underestimate the draw of major hip hop Grammy winning acts.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

PSB aren't Pyramid headliner size.

The 1975 just about are, although would widely be seen as weak (other forums i'm on most people have outright dismissed them). Plus they're something for the kiddies while Macca is on, they're hardly going to pull 40k+ to the Other field while he's on at the Pyramid.

I think Emily is being liberal with the term “Pyramid headliner size” tbh.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

He is absolutely big enough to headline Glastonbury. Anyone who disagrees is out of touch.

I think people tend to underestimate the draw of major hip hop Grammy winning acts.

I agree that this board is not representative of the wider population and Kendrick will pull a good crowd, but I do think you overstate awards though! As if anyone cares.

3 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I like him and would jump at the chance to see him. Most of the response I've seen of him being mentioned other than on here is a bit negative though so I ask the question would he appeal more broadly to the attendance. What's the age demographic who listen to him and does he have a big enough uk following. Can't judge it off spotify etc as that's worldwide. 

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

I think Emily is being liberal with the term “Pyramid headliner size” tbh.

Yep, that seems very likely.

Although maybe it could capture a few of the acts who would usually fall into the "Too small to headline / too big to play elsewhere" category?

Just now, Doug85 said:

I like him and would jump at the chance to see him. Most of the response I've seen of him being mentioned other than on here is a bit negative though so I ask the question would he appeal more broadly to the attendance. What's the age demographic who listen to him and does he have a big enough uk following. Can't judge it off spotify etc as that's worldwide. 

22 million monthly listeners on average. 

DAA150E0-F4E9-436E-ACDF-B60A6DE0B7F7.png