2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, henry bear said:

Won't be Dylan, don't worry. The fella who posted that on the Glasto Chat FB group has also stated he's 'heard from industry sources' that Biffy Clyro are headlining Friday and Slipknot on the Saturday.

Biffy Clyro /  Bob Dylan / Slipknot is like some kind of bizzaro alternate reality Glastonbury line-up. Respect,

2 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

No, I see you checked with this Dimitri guy who seems to know his stuff: https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/7030852/#Comment_7030852

If that's right, it's a shame, they'd be fantastic.

Hi sir brave Robin old son 

Yea he's been like a super fan for as long as I've been on the ten club.... I dont think he's actually missed a single PJ show in all that time.. 

I've tried hooking up with him a couple of times but always ended in a bar or wasn't in time.. I reckon if he says no it's probably right so Yea shame ah..... I have a feeling that I'll never get to see PJ on the PS 

What about FAITHLESS... Was listening to them in the car.... 

On 10/29/2019 at 8:18 PM, Membi said:

What do you think about Brian May words and the possibility of "Queen" headlining? I haven't seen almost anything here about it :)

Sorry to say but it’s not Queen without Freddie and in my opinion(which is not much)they are not headline material especially with that xfactor singer 

• Upvote 1

Cant see Bob playing. Seen him a few times and to say he mixes up his classics is an understatement! The hardcore (like me) lap it up as genius whilst others will 100% drift away thinking WTF... was that really Tangled up in blue? or Like a rolling stone? 

REM have 25 years of Monster released soon... I could see them returning again for a special Glastonbury. 

54 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Yea he's been like a super fan for as long as I've been on the ten club.... I dont think he's actually missed a single PJ show in all that time.. 

I've tried hooking up with him a couple of times but always ended in a bar or wasn't in time.. I reckon if he says no it's probably right so Yea shame ah..... I have a feeling that I'll never get to see PJ on the PS 

Yes

3 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

1. Direct your genuine question to your streaming service or search engine of choice

2. Enjoy.

This is the first day of your new life. Your real life.

Update:

I obeyed step 1 and step 2, kind of?, followed.

It's undeniably good pop music, and passed some time pleasantly enough, which is nothing to be sneezed at, but didn't do anything to especially grab me.

24 minutes ago, Berniethebolt said:

Cant see Bob playing. Seen him a few times and to say he mixes up his classics is an understatement! The hardcore (like me) lap it up as genius whilst others will 100% drift away thinking WTF... was that really Tangled up in blue? or Like a rolling stone? 

REM have 25 years of Monster released soon... I could see them returning again for a special Glastonbury. 

Everything Michael Stipe has said recently suggests this won't happen

1 hour ago, matichin said:

I'd be well up for Slipknot playing, but the idea of them headlining is surely one of the more preposterous ideas, out of a long list of preposterous ones. 

Seconded. The UK/European tour finishes end of Feb.. too early to come back? There's actually a guy from my hometown who plays guitar in Slipknot now weirdly

4 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

1. Direct your genuine question to your streaming service or search engine of choice

2. Enjoy.

This is the first day of your new life. Your real life.

I felt inspired by this to go and have a listen to Kim and quite frankly, I want my money back. Radio 1 filler.

4 hours ago, jparx said:

Dylan is top 5 all time for me but unless he drastically changed his approach, a Pyramid headline set from him would be pretty awful. If he gave in and did a proper greatest hits set it would be phenomenal regardless of his voice, but it won't happen.

He did to pretty much a greatest hits when he played that Oldchella, sorry, Desert Trip, festival in the US. 
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bob-dylan/2016/empire-polo-club-indio-ca-2bfd748e.html

3 hours ago, fatyeti24 said:

I saw Dylan about 15 years ago on a freebie.  I don't know much of his stuff beyond what might be termed 'the hits'.  I think this stood me in good stead as I really enjoyed the show.  Unlike everyone else there, I knew I didn't know what he was playing.

Saw him a few times between 2000-2003 when he was in good form, the worst of those far eclipsed the 1998 Glastonbury set. He was kind of boring at the Roundhouse in 2009, but everyone's allowed an off night. Would love to see him again, but at the same time, wouldn't specifically make a trip to do so. 

2 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Dimitris doesn't attend as many shows as you might think, 6-7 of a European tour is usually about it, and the odd couple in the US or south America. He's a good guy. HIs post on the thread on the forum indicates he doesn't think the band would play a festival which had sold out before they were announced, I can see that, although their commitment to their fan club appears to be waning somewhat. Stopped producing the vinyl singles, didn't drop the price of fan club membership, still owe two years worth to the fans... so maybe now they might consider a festival that their fans couldn't get a presale for.