2020 headliners

jj200

49 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Yes, because every other festival performance they've done through Europe over the last decade has seen people leaving in their droves...

...said no one ever who was actually there.

They’ve obviously got a sizeable and devoted fan-base who regularly get to see them on the European festival circuit. Glastonbury’s different though, in that PJ fans can’t choose to go once they realise they’re playing and I can’t imagine too many of the attendees will be big PJ fans (especially if this thread is any kind of indicator). I don’t think too many of their songs will be that well known to a casual Glasto festival crowd, and if the likes of Radiohead, Arcade Fire and Metallica struggle to retain a huge crowd, I don’t suspect PJ will either.

Edited by henry bear

21 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I went to see Entombed AD this year and they're heavier than all of these so-called rock slot acts. 

Get them booked, Michael - that'll wake up the so-called picnic blankets brigade! 

That was bloody good - you could see on their faces that at first they were a bit weirded out by the scene, primarily cos of the drum n bass at the bit next door ?? then they played, circle pits happened, metal times were had and they all looked very surprised and happy. Great set ?? I bloody loved Wolverine Blues when I was a young’un 

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

So both Aerosmith and Pearl Jam are going to have to fight it out between them to be the headliner sized band playing third down because it's the "rock slot", it seems unlikely but I'm in.

Aerosmith and Pearl Jam......I've just realised where we're heading with all this...

waynesworld210.jpg.ea8c018ecace2c33fed12f3c4bacc1b4.jpg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

. . . Gojira were Friday night at the Truth stage. I’ve been flitting between Truth and Earache since they both popped up and went all metallic ????

Gojira were great as were Venom Prison before them. Saw Employed to Serve on the Scum stage which was a great stage. Saw a Dutch death metal band called Sisters of Suffocation last night and they'd be perfect for the Scum stage. 

Getting back on topic. I'd love it if PJ played.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Hotchilidog said:

Gojira were great as were Venom Prison before them. Saw Employed to Serve on the Scum stage which was a great stage. Saw a Dutch death metal band called Sisters of Suffocation last night and they'd be perfect for the Scum stage. 

Getting back on topic. I'd love it if PJ played.

At the Green Door Store in Brighton? ? I quite fancied that lineup. Brilliant venue for metal! 

venom prison are bloody ACE 

• Upvote 1

That flurry of activity caused by that fake Pearl Jam tour list was good entertainment. Would love them to be there. The group I'm going with all met as a result of Pearl Jam tour. Seeing them on the Pyramid would be awesome, but I've more chance of winning the lottery tonight without buying a ticket!

2 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

At the Green Door Store in Brighton? ? I quite fancied that lineup. Brilliant venue for metal! 

Could really do with getting down to GDS more.  There just tend to be very few bands appearing there that I know anything of!

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Quark said:

Could really do with getting down to GDS more.  There just tend to be very few bands appearing there that I know anything of!

I tend to check out the metal lineups when they’re announced, Abhorrent Decimation a couple of months back were a great find. But then I checked out Arcturus ahead of a spring lineup and shitme, they are comedy dreadful ??  might go along just cos it’s so tinny teen goth nonsense (and not in a good way) 

Edited by balti-pie