2020 headliners

jj200

31 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Haven't read all of this topic. Actually, none of this topic.

But Kendrick Lamar - Paul McCartney - Taylor Swift then ey?

All based on next to nothing really though. Swift makes sense with dates (and the likely booking of a female headliner), Kendrick isn't based on anything much as far as I know and McCartney just on comments from him/Michael.

3 minutes ago, mufcok said:

All based on next to nothing really though. Swift makes sense with dates (and the likely booking of a female headliner), Kendrick isn't based on anything much as far as I know and McCartney just on comments from him/Michael.

Don't forget the roadie!

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It’s more like ‘best of the names we’ve heard’. Working objectively, there is no reason to keep Kendrick Lamar and drop Aerosmith from that single rumour.

I guess. Subjectively that for me is probably the best trio we could hope for (if they give me someone somewhere else on the Sunday). I don't think Kendrick will happen coz of dollar, I can't trust the Macca rumour (the Glastonbury one, not the Paul is dead one) because of last year though.

We're gonna go round in circles with nothing to go on and find out the line-up the same as everyone else in the world. And then we'll do it again next year. 

Bothers me how much I enjoy it to be honest.

3 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I guess. Subjectively that for me is probably the best trio we could hope for (if they give me someone somewhere else on the Sunday). I don't think Kendrick will happen coz of dollar, I can't trust the Macca rumour (the Glastonbury one, not the Paul is dead one) because of last year though.

We're gonna go round in circles with nothing to go on and find out the line-up the same as everyone else in the world. And then we'll do it again next year. 

Bothers me how much I enjoy it to be honest.

We'll get some indication soon I think. Lots of knowledgeable and connected users here, and the big man himself Neil, so I'd imagine we'll have an idea in the coming months. 

If Macca didn't pull out last year, we'd have known all the headliners for 2019 well before they were announced!

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Huh, never noticed that. Any idea what made them change weekend? (i.e. do they have a reason or could it be miving for a large headliner ir something?)

I think it's normally the weekend after Glastonbury. They moved to the same weekend in 2015 for Foo Fighters and I'm sure I read that they moved last year because it clashed with the Tour de France, but other than that I think it's usually the first weekend in July.

1 minute ago, SiJo86 said:

Really can't imagine that Taylor Swift will be the headliner to close the 50th anniversary of Glastonbury. Am I right in thinking she's performing elsewhere on the Friday and Saturday?

The 51st still sells out even if they have Jedward announced to close the Pyramid.

As much as they’ll celebrate it and they’ll pull some names out the bag, I think the punters put more glamour on the fact it’s the fiftieth than the Eavii.

1 hour ago, blue6field said:

Friend of mine just sent me this, he did think it was fake!

BE7FCC2D-6ED4-4E82-9B99-3DE7F3C0EBE4.jpeg

I started the PJ murmurings last week on here and even I think this is bollox, unless they want to play the East car park on Wednesday

2 minutes ago, CJTM said:

I started the PJ murmurings last week on here and even I think this is bollox, unless they want to play the East car park on Wednesday

That was pointed out earlier, which I hadn’t noticed when I posted, but it was also pointed out that it may be just be the start date of Glastonbury and not the specific day, so who knows 

1 hour ago, blue6field said:

Friend of mine just sent me this, he did think it was fake!

BE7FCC2D-6ED4-4E82-9B99-3DE7F3C0EBE4.jpeg

The dates in the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam (6/18 and 6/20) would put them on both before and after Eric Clapton (playing 6/19), which I suppose is theoretically possible but would make no sense at all.

So I'm going with fake.

31 minutes ago, marcoolio said:

The dates in the Ziggo Dome in Amsterdam (6/18 and 6/20) would put them on both before and after Eric Clapton (playing 6/19), which I suppose is theoretically possible but would make no sense at all.

So I'm going with fake.

Not all that unusual, Queen are doing the O2 on June 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th and 9th and Barry Manilow is playing there on the 4th so could easily be possible 

1 minute ago, 1986 said:

I'm not doubting Pearl Jams credentials but out of curiosity is there many on here who have kept up with all their output since they exploded in the 90s? 

Should they be lined up to headline the Pyramid (which I just can’t see happening), I suspect they’ll not be playing to a capacity audience for the duration.