2020 headliners

jj200

Just now, Quark said:

With Eilish I would say that her stuff transferred to live way better than I thought it would, as I was similarly unconvinced.

In my world (bear with me on this) she's in the same category as Kasabian.  Unlikely that I'll listen to more than one or two tunes on record, but much happier to see them live as I know I;ll have a blast.

Fair point. I will check out some live Performances. Thanks

I want the beat to bigger on the tunes I have heard. Bad Guy would be ok if it had more of a drop or was heavier. I was just constantly waiting for it to kick in.

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

I want the beat to bigger on the tunes I have heard. Bad Guy would be ok if it had more of a drop or was heavier. I was just constantly waiting for it to kick in.

I was really surprised when she opened with Bad Guy this year as I figured she'd go the classic route of saving the well known banger to finish.  Ballsy move IMO. But yeah, watching recordings of people bouncing to it made no sense to me at all, but it certainly kicked in live.  Loved it.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Only you could compare Billie Eilish to Kasabian. Never change Quark ?

Many have tried to change me, all have given up in absolute fucking despair :lol:

1 hour ago, morph100 said:

Yeah just a bit light on rumours or announcements currently 

Yeh I think lack of announcements or even hints making it seem like it's a bit too early to get excited.

My friend (a v long time lurker) and I were chatting about that this week and he said he's been trying to tone down his efests time because he knows its mostly just pure speculation at this point and he will have over excite himself with eight months to go.

I agreed in principle....but that hasn't stopped me checking in all my spare minutes (which have admittedly been quite few recently) and having a dream that Foals headlined the other stage with a dangerously big crowd and I'd left all my booze in the tent....

Yep relatively quiet in here but from memory it's normal until we get some snippets of info, we haven't had much so far this year. Agree that it will kick into life a bit more once we have that first bit of juicy info. 

Plus people have probably been put off by random posters starting arguments for no reason about Greta Thunberg or whether the Foals are big enough or that Madonna is going to co-headline with someone. 

5 hours ago, Bisque said:

Is it me or are the forums not as lively this year as they have been in previous around the same time?

I think you've got to factor in regular posters who didn't get tickets who aren't posting as frequently. I still think it's the go to forum for Glastonbury. 

It's as busy as last year, there is always a lull between sales and announcements.

Quiet was the fallow year! That was sparse. 

So having never heard the of the Foals, I went off and had a listen to some of their songs, not had a lot of time to listen, but from what I’ve heard so far there not bad at all, and I actually recognise a few songs from the radio, some of their songs are more chilled and with loads of cider in me might be too chilled. If they have a lot of upbeat ones it would be a great show for me at glasto, I’d defo go see them either way, and few that caught my ears were The Runner, Like Lightening and Exits, can you recommend any more upbeat ones? I’ll get round to listen to all the there songs eventually. 

4 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

So having never heard the of the Foals, I went off and had a listen to some of their songs, not had a lot of time to listen, but from what I’ve heard so far there not bad at all, and I actually recognise a few songs from the radio, some of their songs are more chilled and with loads of cider in me might be too chilled. If they have a lot of upbeat ones it would be a great show for me at glasto, I’d defo go see them either way, and few that caught my ears were The Runner, Like Lightening and Exits, can you recommend any more upbeat ones? I’ll get round to listen to all the there songs eventually. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, waynewdk said:

What went down

My Number

Black Bull

Cassius

Inhaler

To name a few of my favourites...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Honestly, I'm a fan but her Glastonbury set was total shit.

1 hour ago, waynewdk said:

AND BREATHE

3 hours ago, jparx said:

I was watching Jimmy Fallon t'other day and he was saying every pop song for the next few years is going to sound like Bad Guy. I think he's dead right. Her and her brother have changed the game completely. To come out with music that almost feels like anti-pop, that's so dark and brutal but sells like gangbusters is an insane achievement. They've tapped in to something that so many others have struggled to do.

Billie is the industries worst nightmare. She reminds me a bit of when Lady Gaga blew up from 2009-2011. I do worry that Billie will have a relationship with Glastonbury similar to Gaga - played just before they blew up and never returned!

Billie and her brother are essentially the only credited songwriters for the album. Every once in a generation a pop star comes along and shakes the game - just wait until the Grammys, other pop stars are going to be shaking in their boots. I genuinely think she could win album of the year. 

In such a short space of time she’s managed to form such a strong bond with her fanbase in ways other artists just can’t. To put it into perspective, with one album she’s selling more tour tickets than Ariana Grande. It’s an ultimate success story and I love to see it.

edit: this post is rambling and incoherent but I just find Billie such an exciting artist. She’s made pop music super cool again! It’s impressive considering hip hop is dominating the airwaves at the moment.

Edited by Matt42
  • Downvote 1