2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

I am now onboard the Coldplay, Paul McCartney, Taylor Swift train.

Re Fake Poster thread since it’s not the nicest thread at the moment.

I made this just as Santana was ruled out - I’ve mentally replaced him with Earth Wind & Fire

180AACE6-71EA-4F43-814C-098D2766312C.jpeg

I could get on board with this, there's at least one act on every single line that I'd be happy to see.

Sort that font out though.

47 minutes ago, Quark said:

I know there are no indicators.  I know it won't happen. I know it's never going to happen.  I know it wouldn't be anywhere near as good as the hype has built it up. But...

Listening to Alive 2007 for the first time in a while this morning. Oh my. Please.

It's happening!  Everyone knows Alive 2017 was postponed for 3 years to coincide with Glastonbury 50 and the end of Bangalter's tinnitus treatment.

Hi all, verified long-time lurker here with some spicy information. ?️

Heard from one friend two weeks ago that had heard from a confirmed but I'd imagine questionable source in the music industry that Sunday will be co-headlined by Madonna and Taylor (not sure how that works?) and Macca on Saturday, with Friday not yet confirmed.

Then heard from another friend unrelated to the above friend who also runs in the music industry circles that Sunday was going to be co-headlined by Madonna and Taylor, Macca on Saturday and Kendrick in negotiations for Friday.

I follow the forum as often as possible, but I forget if Madonna had been ruled out already or if it was still being debated whether she would cost too much? I thought my first mate was definitely chatting bollocks as I'd be surprised that either Madonna or Taylor would take a co-headline slot but then when my second mate mentioned the same set-up, the coincidence was a tad weird. Anyway, thought I would post on here so you can all tell me they're both full of shit which I can then relay back to them in a self-satisfied fashion.

Also happy to provide more info on sources to @eFestivals on pm if wanted. 

2 minutes ago, Jeremy Irons said:

Heard from one friend two weeks ago that had heard from a confirmed but I'd imagine questionable source in the music industry that Sunday will be co-headlined by Madonna and Taylor (not sure how that works?) and Macca on Saturday, with Friday not yet confirmed.

Then heard from another friend unrelated to the above friend who also runs in the music industry circles that Sunday was going to be co-headlined by Madonna and Taylor, Macca on Saturday and Kendrick in negotiations for Friday.

I follow the forum as often as possible, but I forget if Madonna had been ruled out already or if it was still being debated whether she would cost too much? I thought my first mate was definitely chatting bollocks as I'd be surprised that either Madonna or Taylor would take a co-headline slot but then when my second mate mentioned the same set-up, the coincidence was a tad weird. Anyway, thought I would post on here so you can all tell me they're both full of shit which I can then relay back to them in a self-satisfied fashion.

Thank you for providing us with your insider information on the Headliners 2020 thread. 

Go well.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jeremy Irons said:

Hi Jeremy, firstly I loved your work in Die Hard With A Vengeance.

Secondly, your mates are full of shit.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I know there are no indicators.  I know it won't happen. I know it's never going to happen.  I know it wouldn't be anywhere near as good as the hype has built it up. But...

Listening to Alive 2007 for the first time in a while this morning. Oh my. Please.

I don't think I could handle how buzzing I would be if this was announced

1 minute ago, Little Andy said:

Is the talk of Coldplay headlining based on anything more than they have new music out? Any reason why they'd be more likely than Kendrick who is an R on the efestivals rumour page?

(also why am I torturing myself reading this when I didn't manage to get a ticket! :( )

Could be Kendrick, Coldplay, Swift with Ross as the Legend and all this talk of Macca and the rest is just fan driven over reality.

1 minute ago, Little Andy said:

Is the talk of Coldplay headlining based on anything more than they have new music out? Any reason why they'd be more likely than Kendrick who is an R on the efestivals rumour page?

(also why am I torturing myself reading this when I didn't manage to get a ticket! :( )

Friends of the festival / festival house band / do it for heavily reduced fee or cost covering / previous multiple headliners

2 minutes ago, Little Andy said:

Because you are hoping that Coldplay are announce and all the people who claim to hate them so much put their tickets back in the pot so you can buy them in the resale (or maybe that's just me ;))

Because Coldplay have headlined so frequently, and so recently, then I would guess they would be more likely to be a HUGE secret act for the 50th, rather than a proper headliner ... unless they are struggling to get 3 huge acts (and they said they booked 2 ages ago, so I doubt it).

Edited by Little Andy

1 hour ago, Jeremy Irons said:

Look upon my works ye mighty and despair.