2020 headliners

jj200

Been having a YouTube 'potential headliners' evening and quite frankly this beats everything I've been through...

The thought of him playing out on a warm evening in June with 100,000 people packed into the pyramid field singing along sends tingles up the back of my neck! Thoroughly deserving for Glasto 50, and lets face it he's not getting any younger so maybe the last chance to headline.... 

Edited by Gilb
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Where you at with Macca @eFestivals? Thought you didn't think he was playing and has been added as a rumour...

I think it’s more caving to the persistent chat about Macca in here, and betting ‘patterns’ more than any actual information. 
I remember reading Neil’s comment after updating it, and it isn’t based off anything to be excited about.

edit: I don’t remember specifically what was said

Edited by Andy0808 v5

9 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Ideally yes but I think they stepped in when the Prodigy couldn't play so it was unplanned as such.  I think I read that somewhere on here but I could be wrong...

That said, I will be surprised if they're there in 2020

That makes sense, didn't think of that. I'd be surprised too.

1 hour ago, Cream Soda said:

Ideally yes but I think they stepped in when the Prodigy couldn't play so it was unplanned as such.  I think I read that somewhere on here but I could be wrong...

That said, I will be surprised if they're there in 2020

Nope they were booked way before the prodigy dropped out. It was Christine & The Queens who were bumped up.

45 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Yeah other sub. 

Bare in mind Billie was not meant to be on other stage so there was a lot of rejigging in 2019.

Do you know where Eyelash was originally billed to play? size of the crowd she had would've been dangerous anywhere smaller than the other. Remember seeing that her crowd at Reading was one of the biggest they've ever had as well

I really cannot see anything other than Coldplay, Paul McCartney and Taylor Swift for the 50th. It is so balanced and a cracking set of headliners for the festival and BBC. Coldplay are the house band and get big viewing numbers, always putting on a show and that fill the big band headliner slot. Macca is one of the if not biggest acts you can get and since he said its a possibility, to me it sounds like he is booked and wasn't giving anything away while Michael even said hopefully for the 50th. I know what Neil heard but Nick could have been covering it up or wanting the scent to be gone around him. BBC have been going on about him, he has to be and he feels like the only legend around after Elton was ruled out. Legend headliner slot has to be Macca. Taylor Swifts around, biggest names in pop, female representation, gap around Glastonbury, it would feel horrible if the festival missed this opportunity. All three to me define contemporary art and I dont think Glastonbury could get a more balanced lineup. That trio would be the biggest yet and believe thats the most likely at the moment. 

75 could always replace Coldplay which I thinks unlikely as I feel Oborne is trying to expose the band any way he can and yes, Foals are big enough but would feel really underwhelming when Coldplay are a call away and are a stadium band that keeps viewers and punters mainly happy. Hopefully we get something soon, to coincide with book release.