2020 headliners

jj200

3 hours ago, henry bear said:

Plus this year the extra 7000 tickets. Gnomy has questioned whether or not the festival has released those, and I can’t find a definitive answer yet, but it would be unlikely that they’d go to the effort of obtaining permission to increase capacity and not actually release the tickets. Maybe they haven’t yet but will do so at a later date.

Either way, there’ll be bigger increase in funds than usual.

Bear in mind that the licence is granted for multiple years (I think 10 but could be wrong on that), and that any extra tickets would need to come with a matching increase in camping capacity. It could be, for example, that they intend the extra tickets for ~5 years down the line, or that they thought they were going to be able to agree terms for an extra field that has fallen through.

If nothing else, we'll get a good indication when the 2020 map is released - no extra camping fields = no increase in public tickets.

Wasn’t sure where to post this tweet from Ed off of the Chemical Brothers. Obviously not headlining and did Other this year and also aware that Emily’s husband is their manager so could just be random visit. However a possibility they’re somehow involved in something for the 50th? 

7A80045C-6F52-41E2-AC42-AA36CA417242.png

1 minute ago, Chef said:

Wasn’t sure where to post this tweet from Ed off of the Chemical Brothers. Obviously not headlining and did Other this year and also aware that Emily’s husband is their manager so could just be random visit. However a possibility they’re somehow involved in something for the 50th? 

7A80045C-6F52-41E2-AC42-AA36CA417242.png

Thursday headliner?

1 minute ago, Zacko said:

They should just give the Chems the Saturday night slot outright, it would be absolutely brilliant. 

Indeed. Would love to see them top the Pyramid again. In my ideal world they would have skipped last year and headlined 2020 outright. Sure there are much bigger headliners, but they'd utterly smash it.

Has anyone ever headlined the Other and then the next year headlined the Pyramid? Can't see them playing, but Chems this year were so good i'd happily watch them again on the big stage.

Wasn't it essentially agreed/assumed that they played this year to replace The Prodigy? Wouldn't be impossible that they had already agreed to headline the Pyramid before that this year already. Many many straws being grasped at here (on an uneventful Saturday night).

2 minutes ago, matichin said:

Has anyone ever headlined the Other and then the next year headlined the Pyramid? Can't see them playing, but Chems this year were so good i'd happily watch them again on the big stage.

Wasn't it essentially agreed/assumed that they played this year to replace The Prodigy? Wouldn't be impossible that they had already agreed to headline the Pyramid before that this year already. Many many straws being grasped at here (on an uneventful Saturday night).

And further to this, can anyone give me a list of anyone who’s headlined Other then the Pyramid on any subsequent year?