2020 headliners

jj200

1 minute ago, Madyaker said:

I'm not sure The 1975 are big enough to headline tbh.

I reckon they are easily big enough, but then I would say that as I have become a big fan.  In all seriousness though they are constantly selling out Arena tours(2019 and again in 2020) and headlined Reading and Leeds.  What more do they need to do? 
What is the measure anyway and was Stormzy big enough? He still smashed it once he was given the chance with only one album behind him

I'm thinking Coldplay/Macca/Taylor still, seems a balanced and brilliant set of headliners worthy for the 50th. You have the house band and stadium selling band with a legend who is massive and seems Interested in playing the festival. I reckon he could of been booked for the 50th all along and Taylor is the pop and female representation artist that sells out stadiums and is massive. 

Guys seeing as it's the 50th it seem inevitable that they'll open up the stages on Wednesday and Thursday seeing as it's the 50th and have 3 big headliners a night seeing as it's the 50th and a big massive mountain of free cocaine for everybody to just dive into seeing as it's the 50th and could Rihanna or Kendrick Lamar or The 1975 or Elton John not headline the Other stage because once they cancelled a Sunderland gig and besides that I haven't listened to any new music since CD singles were a thing seeing as it's the 50th.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Guys seeing as it's the 50th it seem inevitable that they'll open up the stages on Wednesday and Thursday seeing as it's the 50th and have 3 big headliners a night seeing as it's the 50th and a big massive mountain of free cocaine for everybody to just dive into seeing as it's the 50th and could Rihanna or Kendrick Lamar or The 1975 or Elton John not headline the Other stage because once they cancelled a Sunderland gig and besides that I haven't listened to any new music since CD singles were a thing seeing as it's the 50th.

Maybe on the 60th

8 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Okay, so clearly not above, but isn’t next years lineup supposed to be a bit bigger due to it being the 50th or is that just something that has been discussed here?

For me what makes the lineup special every year is the fact that there are so many music options available you can always find plenty to enjoy. My fun is often found away from the main stages and although oldish (46) there is plenty of new music I like (enjoyed Fontaine’s DC and goat girl this year), but I admit I have no idea how popular some artists are (blame a lack of top of pops for this). 

So from what I can gather here - Taylor Smith is massive and would be a big header for the festival  (I see she is headlining all over Europe). Also that the 1975 are also possible headliners?

Must admit I don’t listen to either of those artists, but everyone to their own- Glastonbury is a broad church (which explains why I couldn’t get a ticket).

Also discussed here is the fact Foals now have a number 1 album and so could be another possible headliner (enjoyed them when they were subs in 2016).

So how about - Taylor Smith, The 1975 and Foals, with some big old names in amongst the lineup (The Kinks, Spice Girls, Def Leppard).

12 minutes ago, Mr Boo said:

Okay, so clearly not above, but isn’t next years lineup supposed to be a bit bigger due to it being the 50th or is that just something that has been discussed here?

For me what makes the lineup special every year is the fact that there are so many music options available you can always find plenty to enjoy. My fun is often found away from the main stages and although oldish (46) there is plenty of new music I like (enjoyed Fontaine’s DC and goat girl this year), but I admit I have no idea how popular some artists are (blame a lack of top of pops for this). 

So from what I can gather here - Taylor Smith is massive and would be a big header for the festival  (I see she is headlining all over Europe). Also that the 1975 are also possible headliners?

Must admit I don’t listen to either of those artists, but everyone to their own- Glastonbury is a broad church (which explains why I couldn’t get a ticket).

Also discussed here is the fact Foals now have a number 1 album and so could be another possible headliner (enjoyed them when they were subs in 2016).

So how about - Taylor Smith, The 1975 and Foals, with some big old names in amongst the lineup (The Kinks, Spice Girls, Def Leppard).

I’d be happy with that - not as keen on Foals as the other two but would definitely be there.  Bit of Def Leppard - definitely up for that as well!

46 isn’t oldish - it’s just a number ( I keep telling myself that anyway) ?

4 minutes ago, circus92 said:

46 isn’t oldish - it’s just a number ( I keep telling myself that anyway) ?

You are as old as you feel, problem is I feel really old ?

My mother-in-law is in her late seventies -she does loads of travelling and remains young at heart. I guess the secret to youthfulness is to stay open to new experiences and adventures. Difficult to do that sometimes though, after a knackering week at work ?

5 minutes ago, Mr Boo said:

You are as old as you feel, problem is I feel really old ?

My mother-in-law is in her late seventies -she does loads of travelling and remains young at heart. I guess the secret to youthfulness is to stay open to new experiences and adventures. Difficult to do that sometimes though, after a knackering week at work ?

Has she heard of Foals? 

9 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

No need for any of that as long as Tay’s there, eh?

9 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

If Glastonbury did all of that I’d be majorly disappointed.

I just thought they’d do something a bit special for the 50th... you know? ?‍♂️

• Upvote 1